Equal billing my butt

Willow
Willow Posts: 10,994
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
For the past five years my wive and I were on equal billing for our hydro, when we moved into out old house we signed up they said, well pay 141$mth and you'll be ok. Well we sold that place and moved. We got a final bill of over 1100$. We were shocked ! We thought by being on equal billing that if ever we ended the service we would only have say last onths bill. That's not the case. They said that we were using more hydro than they had planned for. We said to them, well if you noticed the increase why not call us to say hey...we see you are using more hydro than usual you may wish to increase you monthly payments so you are not left with a massive bill at the end. They said we have sooooo many clients.... yeah how is that my problem if you can't handle the amount of clients. Anyway we are waiting ot hear from a supervisor so that we can make arrangments and let them know that in the future, a letter or phone call would be nice. Let's just say that in our new house we are not with them as a supplier and we will not be going on = billing!
Post edited by Willow on

Comments

• phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited July 2007
    Never EVER sign up for a billing method that does not CLEARLY state your usage, rate, etc.

They're all selling this method now. Hopefully it doesn't become mandatory like some countries in Europe.

Sorry to hear about it. Good luck.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited July 2007
    Not knowing the facts from both sides, I'm neutral.

But, didn't they send you a monthly bill that let you know where you stood every month in terms of usage. Equal payment aside?

IF that's the case, then I have to side with the company. You knew.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited July 2007
    My monthly budget billing is based on usage the last 12 months and they adjust the monthly rate so that you don't get behind. It doesn't exactly make the payment the same every month, but it stays the same for 3 to 6 months and then adjusts, sometimes up a little, sometimes down a little.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited July 2007
    B.S. short them payments and see how fast they can clear the time to let you know. I would fight the crap out of that one.

Why is the electric bill called the Hydro bill? I know there is a lot of Hydro generation in Canada, but??
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."