Trash hounds of North Carolina!

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,574
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
We blew up and demolished a dryer we found...

I took my lawn mower and rammed it out to the side of the road today...

This thing is dented and beat to hell.. parts hanging off...

It was taken within - no lie - 15 minutes.

I had taken out my truck bed liner to put in a roll on one...

So I took it out to the road... then I got in my truck and had to run an errand - a guy in a F150 had passed me as I was waiting to pull out of my drive way...

I am gone like 5 minutes, I come back and he is back -- getting some people to help him load it in his truck...

Literally 5 minutes.

People arefast!
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited July 2007
    We have people in pickups trolling the neighborhood on trash night. Most are looking for scrap metal. I haven't seen anyone actually take old furniture. Garbage night is like a free garage sale around here.
    Carl

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited July 2007
    One man's trash is definitely another man's treasure.

Rings real true in parts of NC.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited July 2007
    I have been on both sides of this. Most of my stuff never sits out long. I have had someone stop before I even got away from the curb. I also have praticed a bit of curbside shopping myself.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited July 2007
    Hell, I'm guilty as well, one of the folks in my old neighborhood threw away a Lawn Boy, self propelled, bagged lawn mower and a John Deere weed whacker.

$42.00 later and a sharpened blade they are still working 'till this day. That was 8 years ago.

SCORE!!!!!!!!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited July 2007
    Italians in NJ call this "shopping" :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited July 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    Italians in NJ call this "shopping" :D

Hey now!!!:D :D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2007
    when i threw out my old living room set it was broken( because we thew it off the 2nd floor) and it was gone before the next morning.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2007
    Greeks in NJ call it "Italian shopping" as well