pioneer HU

vawakemonster
vawakemonster Posts: 131
edited July 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
I am thinking of getting the pioneer 7900 and using the bluetooth connection to stream music from my phone. I was wondering what the general quality of blue tooth signal was? as well as the cheapest authorized place to get pioneer head units.
Dodge Dakota
HU: Pioneer
Amp: Profile AP600 & Phoenix gold r2.5:2
Speakers: Boston SX 6.5 components
Subwoofer: polk mm2104
Post edited by vawakemonster on

Comments

• eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited July 2007
    It will only frustrate u in the end, i have a dash, and i tried it out in a store, the thought is cool, just when your driving, its #1 illegal to hold your fun in your hand in almost all states now, or it will be in 2008, and the quality sounded slightly better than a Tape Deck Transmitter.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • Ern Dog
    Ern Dog Posts: 2,237
    edited July 2007
    I bought my Pioneer HU here. Great prices.
    http://www.millionbuy.com/audio-cd.html
  • vawakemonster
    edited July 2007
    well I ended up getting the alpine 9885 due to better sound quality and they gave me a free ipod cable. I actually like the solid "feel" or "build" of the alpine over the pioneers. but once I installed the HU my sub gained a turn on pop. is this due to bad ground on the HU? my sheep 130 pioneer did not pop and it was all on the same wires.
    Dodge Dakota
  • eloplayspolo
    edited July 2007
    I dont get a pop at all. Here is a trick i learned from a little asian installer at a big big auto store (actualy the biggest in the us). Split the ground, and run the ground cable all the way down one side of the car, kills road noise too.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • vawakemonster
    edited July 2007
    you mean like strip it and let the stripped coppers run all of the way down the car? do you fast it at all?
    Dodge Dakota
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2007
    I dont get a pop at all. Here is a trick i learned from a little asian installer at a big big auto store (actualy the biggest in the us). Split the ground, and run the ground cable all the way down one side of the car, kills road noise too.

:confused::confused::confused:

Huh? How can running a ground wire down one side of a car eliminate road noise? Splitting the ground?! I guess I could never work at a big audio store.

Usually a turn on pop is at the amp more so than the head unit. You had an aftermarket HU and amp before you bought the Alpine and never had any noise? Alpines fire up with the volume all the way at 0 and then gradually build up which is designed to eliminate turn on pops.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • vawakemonster
    edited July 2007
    you are correct. I had a pioneer HU and a profile sub amp. when I upgraded cd players i un twisted my old wires from the pioneer and then re twisted and soldered the alpine to the connector. the turn on pop isnt loud its soft and crisp
    Dodge Dakota
  • eloplayspolo
    edited July 2007
    its not striped, but the little asian man at the car place said its an old trick to remove noise, prob doesnt effect the pop.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • vawakemonster
    edited July 2007
    I ran a new ground for my HU I sanded the paint off and cleaned with alchohal and then screwed on a new wire. this did not eliminate the turn on pop I removed the remote from my sub and used just my speaker amp nd the turn on pop is so small I had to put my ear against the tweeter just to hear. I had the remote go to the sub then to speaker amp and then i changed it to go to the speaker amp first then the sub amp this made the sub amps turn on pop more crisp but nothing tot he speaker amp. both amps are grounded to a bold that runs through the floor and under neath its sanded and cleaned with alchohal the sub amp ground is on the bottom and the speaker amp is on top. The sub ring terminal is like a tinish material and the speaker amp is copper the bold in stanless.

Thats everything I can think of. anyone want to help me?
    Dodge Dakota