Attorney General

reeltrouble1
reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well, the AG just put out a message via video to us on our intra-net, he says he is sorry for the politicalization of his office and that he has decided to stay in office and not resign. He took full responsibility for the wrong doing to DOJ staff and pledges to "fix" it.

As the Department of Justice is our Nations primary Law Enforcement Department responsible for enforcing our Nation's Law's I feel this is most important, as without law, well, we would truly be lost.

We are first and foremost a Nation of Law, not of men.

Thank God.

RT1
Post edited by reeltrouble1 on

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited July 2007
    I am absolutely clueless as usual but at least you sound happy...

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited July 2007
    We are first and foremost a Nation of Law, not of men.

Thank God.

RT1

AMEN RT! The Democrats have been on a witch hunt for something that every President no matter what party has always done. You surround yourself with peole who you can trust, and believe in your policies. It's just politics and they have gone after the Attorney General. I'm glad he's hung in there instead of caving in.
    Carl

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited July 2007
    What does "we are a nation of law and not a nation of men" even mean? Cuz it sure doesn't sound like something I like. Laws and government are meant to serve men, not the other way around.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited July 2007
    I think you interpretation is incorrect. "We are a nation of law, not of Men"

This statement refers to the idea that our nations greatness is derived from how we treat the least of our citizens. It refers to the true test of greatness being how well we treat the least of our citizens and how we uphold the principle that everybody's entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. In essence, the American Dream.

Also, "Law" in this statement does not refer to right/wrong/legal or illegal. "Law" refers to a persons right to live free and to enjoy all the inherent rights that accompany freedom. Essentially, "LAW" = Freedom, Men = Oppression.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited July 2007
    Last time I checked political discussions were frowned upon around here, because they tend to get real nasty real quick.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited July 2007
    Its not a political discussion. The Attorney General of the United States just apologized to thousands of Law Enforcement Officers in the DOJ of which he is the head. The top cop in our land.

Yes, I do applaud him for taking responsibility. Its actually anti-political as what he said was that there is no place for politicalization in the DOJ and that he will personally route it out.

The Law and Men part is extremely important, so blame me for it, but I am standing firm on that ground. Sorry, Bob but your just going to have to figure it out, think about it.

We can thank the founding fathers for the principle of the Law above the wants of men. The constitution is full of the safeguards their forsight placed to protect us. The only thing I suspect they could not in their wildest imagine was internet fools on audio boards.

RT1
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited July 2007
    phuz wrote: »
    Last time I checked political discussions were frowned upon around here, because they tend to get real nasty real quick.

That's for sure. Nothing like people brawling over which political allegiance is better to make any forum a little less welcoming :(
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • reeltrouble1
    edited July 2007
    friggen alligators............

RT1
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited July 2007
    Meh, I think it's more an unfortunate / confusing wording than something I really want to argue against. I certainly agree with what the attorney general is saying about keeping politics out of what he does (and this should go doubly so for the Surgeon General, by the way; a former one of which has recently accused this administration of suppressing and manipulating public health data for political reasons).
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited July 2007
    HBombToo wrote: »
    I am absolutely clueless as usual but at least you sound happy...

HBomb

waaaaaaaaa Henry, your not the first to be clueless after one of RT1's thoughts......

Good to see you, hope all is well in the Bomb Shelter.

RT1
  • reeltrouble1
    edited July 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Meh, I think it's more an unfortunate / confusing wording than something I really want to argue against. I certainly agree with what the attorney general is saying about keeping politics out of what he does (and this should go doubly so for the Surgeon General, by the way; a former one of which has recently accused this administration of suppressing and manipulating public health data for political reasons).

10-4 Bob.

RT1
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited July 2007
    The best example of the difference of "nation of laws, not of men" is Hitler. germans swore an allegience to him, to follow him no matter what. In America we take an oath to the constitution, the bill of rights. Big difference if you ask me.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2007
    We are not supposed to discuss religion, firearms, or politics on this forum, but that has never stopped anyone from doing just that.

I'd love to see it come to a halt.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited July 2007
    So we have come to a point where any discussion of a government official's actions is automatically political?

That is truly a shame George.

Ted
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited July 2007
    Religion,firearms,politics....all go hand in hand,no??

I don't mind a friendly discussion on any of those,except.......
    It never stays friendly.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • reeltrouble1
    edited July 2007
    I am trying to work out Tony whether or not this is a good thing ( the arguing)? At first I would say it is not, but if people display passion then that is what it is, passion for their point of view and the abililty to express it. I generally hold that any form of censorship is a bad thing, I actually now stay away from most of the stuff in here about non-audio things.

All I wanted to do was let folks know the AG had personally apologized through streaming video to all his staff and said he had decided to stay and clean his house up, nothing else. Certainly did not mean to start any wars.

RT1
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2007
    I myself have grown tired of political debates. I used to enjoy them quite a bit as an intellectual exchange. But too often it just pisses people off especially since I usually won. :p

So I have since retired from them and my blood pressure has never been better. I will occasionally throw a statement or opinion out there in some instances but for the most part I just pass em on by.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited July 2007
    I'd like to offer an opinion, but I have to take my SKS up to the gun show at the church (big Hillary Clinton fundraiser), so I don't have time. I have to finish this beer before I go, too; hate to leave a lone soldier out of the 12 pack.
    Sal Palooza
  • W WALDECKER
    W WALDECKER Posts: 900
    edited July 2007
    tonyb wrote: »
    Religion,firearms,politics....all go hand in hand,no??

I don't mind a friendly discussion on any of those,except.......
    It never stays friendly.
    another fact of the matter is that it can get ugly discussing Audio too. Alberto Gonzales has taken a oath to uphold the law both before as a prosecutor in the Great State of Texas and now as Top Cop for the United States of America. truth be told he has been directly involved in political scandal on both fronts.in regards to Americas current Top Cop i dont really feel comfortable with the fox guarding the henhouse, which though unfortunate somehow seems to be a trademark signature of our current administration.thanks....WCW III
    Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited July 2007
    Let's talk about girls and booze!:D
    Carl

• W WALDECKER
    W WALDECKER Posts: 900
    edited July 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    America was built on Girls and Booze :D
    Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited July 2007
    Stick to the booze & leave us girls out of it!:p :rolleyes: ;):D

schwarcw wrote: »
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2007
    Tedwick,

Despite the best of intentions, these conversations ALWAYS deteriorate on THIS forum to the point where the SAME people are called the SAME names over and over again, by the SAME people. There's value in this?