Where can I find...

ninerbj
ninerbj Posts: 870
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
... A good customer/pro review site for cars/SUV's?

It's time to purchase new wheels and I need some help.:rolleyes:
"she had the body of Venus, with arms."
Post edited by ninerbj on

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited July 2007
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2007
    Consumer Reports is a good source. My dad always used them when looking at cars. What were you thinking of getting?
  • ninerbj
    edited July 2007
    Looking at the Nissan Murano. Test drove it last night...sweet set of wheels. Anyone here own one?
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited July 2007
    What do want the vehicle for? Transporting kids, lumber, cruising, grocery-getting, commuting, sporting, camping, or race track?

Narrow down your requirements and start looking for vehicles that fit your needs.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2007
    If you are looking for the entusiast side of cars (aka Perf is usually first)... I have sub'ed to Car & Driver for 20+ years and it cant be beat.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • ninerbj
    edited July 2007
    "What do want the vehicle for? Transporting kids, lumber, cruising, grocery-getting, commuting, sporting, camping, or race track?"

Sub the kids for a 100lb German Shepard and the answer to all your questions is YES!
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited July 2007
    What's your budget?
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • ninerbj
    edited July 2007
    under 30
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited July 2007
    Since you are already looking at the Nissan line, take a peek at the 2008 Pathfinders. Nice sized SUV with plenty of power and standard features. Look at the base model with all the features and you are within your budget by a grand or two. The Murano is nice, but size wise it's nothing more than a sedan with slightly more cargo room. The Pathfinder will give lots more room both for passengers and cargo. We currently have a Grand Cherokee, which would also fill your requirements, but I can't stand the new body style. 4-runners are nice as well, but they can get out of your budget range fairly quickly when you start to add options. Good luck and just get out there and drive them. Some dealers will even let you take one for the weekend if they think that it will make the sale. If you can control your emotions enough just to try it out for the weekend and see if it works for the things that you do you're set. Heck you can even take it to other dealerships and compare it to another vehicle you may be interested in. The dealer probably wouldn't appreciate it, but you need to make the smartest decision for yourself and not their bottom line.

Good luck and let us know what you decide on.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.