Got a little problem here....

T_Unit616
T_Unit616 Posts: 131
edited July 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ok. So I just got my car fixed. Fuel pump died. Did it myself. So before that, I would jsut sit in the car and play my music (subwoofers). But now, it doesn't hit that hard anymore. I have a few questions I am wondering about. Could it be the battery not giving the amp enough power. Also, by ground wire had to be moved again, because the bolt I had it under fell inside the car. So I moved it to another bolt, which is screwed up, so I had to use electrical tape to make sure it stayed. Do I need to find a new place for my ground? I will probably need to get some new wire, considering my ground is only a little over a foot long (sisters ex is a d-bag). I'm jsut p-oed because I finally got mky car running and now my system is weak.
Post edited by T_Unit616 on

Comments

• eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited July 2007
    If your amp is in your trunk, ground it where your break lights are ground.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • T_Unit616
    T_Unit616 Posts: 131
    edited July 2007
    Ya but I tried to get back to where the break lights where, but I don't know how.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2007
    Um, yeah. If youre having to hold down your ground bolt with tape you should probably re-do it.

And if you were sitting in your car with the engine not running (which I assume since the fuel pump was bad) and listening to your stereo for extended periods then your battery could be drained. It shouldve recharged but if its old and you drained it pretty good then it wont recharge all the way. May be time to get a new battery.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited July 2007
    just a side not systems usually sound a little louder with the car off(unless it is dead quiet). If you are talking about when you are driving around there is going to be road noise, wind noise, and engine noise which will make your system sound as if it is not as loud. Also I have found that if you have your windows all the way up you will have a little less bass, if you crack them about an inch you will have a little bit more bass.