Blu-Ray fans ****** Fifth Element

Options
scottvamp
scottvamp Posts: 3,277
edited July 2007 in Music & Movies
Just wanted to let you guys and gals know about the Fifth Element Remaster coming out this Tuesday. I am sure you know that this was one of the first releases and the PQ was wrecked. The sound was top rated though. Sony is making good on it. I am sure this transfer will be demo quality all around. I am a huge fan of the movie just like many early HT buffs. It's a must buy for me.
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Sony/Disc_Announcements/Disc_Re-Issues/Sony_Offers_New_Fifth_Element_Blu-ray_Remaster_and_Replacement_Exchange_Program_/705
Post edited by scottvamp on

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited July 2007
    Options
    There's a lot of excitement on the AV forums about this release. It will be interesting to hear the reviews from the 5th Element "cult". Great movie!:D
    Carl

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Sent my copy in for replacement a few days ago, can't wait to see this remastered one.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Great Movie, wish it was for both HD formats.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2007
    Options
    What’s the news on it, is it *better* on BR? I’ve been tempted to see it buy I have the DVD and really don’t want to buy it unless it really is clearly better (which I doubt on those older movies).
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • millerman 3732
    millerman 3732 Posts: 1,488
    edited July 2007
    Options
    The picture is supposed to be alot better, and a Doldy TrueHD soundtrack has been added.
    Casey
    H/T: Epson 6500ub
    Sony UBP-X800
    Toshiba HD-XA2 (HD-DVD, CD)
    Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
    Outlaw 7125
    Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
    Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
    Polk RTi6
    SVS PB 12 plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1

TV Rig: Samsung 50'' 4k display
    Polk Signa-1 Surround bar
  • scottvamp
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Silverti wrote: »
    What’s the news on it, is it *better* on BR? I’ve been tempted to see it buy I have the DVD and really don’t want to buy it unless it really is clearly better (which I doubt on those older movies).

Man, your always asking questions and not reading into anything. This is the 2nd installment on Blu-Ray. It's going to be reference quality. Just because some movies are older, does not mean they suffer in quality. Fifth Element has always been known in the HT industry to be top notch in video demo quality.
    Set back and get your learn on my friend.;)
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited July 2007
    Options
    This ALMOST makes me want to pick up a BR player.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • scottvamp
    edited July 2007
    Options
    This ALMOST makes me want to pick up a BR player.
    I'm surprised you don't have one yet. Just Do It! You know you wanna.....
    Come one over to the "beta max" side.;)

I will post mine and other reviews when they come up. I got Hellboy on the way also.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2007
    Options
    scottvamp wrote: »
    Man, your always asking questions and not reading into anything. This is the 2nd installment on Blu-Ray. It's going to be reference quality. Just because some movies are older, does not mean they suffer in quality. Fifth Element has always been known in the HT industry to be top notch in video demo quality.
    Set back and get your learn on my friend.;)

Sometimes you "question" the source or the teacher… (that being you).

I’m still not buying it. Would be extremely difficult to convince me that a 10+ year old movie is going to be the "reference" for 1080P HD quality when it didn’t even exist back then. My T2 is an example; great flick but it wasn’t much different than my T2 DVD in quality. That’s not saying it might not be, but I’ll wait for more opinions then yours. Because contrary to the tone of this post, you haven’t established yourself in posts so far to me as being a person of expertise (as others here have).
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • scottvamp
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Silverti wrote: »
    Sometimes you "question" the source or the teacher… (that being you).

I’m still not buying it. Would be extremely difficult to convince me that a 10+ year old movie is going to be the "reference" for 1080P HD quality when it didn’t even exist back then. My T2 is an example; great flick but it wasn’t much different than my T2 DVD in quality. That’s not saying it might not be, but I’ll wait for more opinions then yours. Because contrary to the tone of this post, you haven’t established yourself in posts so far to me as being a person of expertise (as others here have).

Once again, i can tell by your post that you are uneducated in the HT world. Actually that was me being nice. Notice the wink at the end. Apparently your don't have any kind of HD content available to you. DirectTV or what not.
    So i understand your point of view.
    Every movie made before 2003 is not worth buying for picture quality due to the fact that HDTV was not available, got it. Being that Fifth Element was 1997, that was caveman times in movie making. I have nothing to prove to you..........:rolleyes: