Crossovers

Pantocrator
Pantocrator Posts: 84
edited July 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a lot of options for crossovers in my new system- the SR6500's have a built in passive crossover, the Memphis belle 16mch1300 has a builit in (maybe active?????) crossover and the Pioneer 880PRS has a built in active crossover. I was thinking of biamping the speakers to put the tweeters on 2 channels and the midwoofers on the other two, while throwing the sub on the sub channel obviously. I would disregard the SR6500 crossovers, use the crossovers on the amp, and only mess with EQ on the HU- not the crossover itself? Does that sound good to you guys? Or do I have no idea what I'm talking about?
My system (thanks to everybody for the help)
One pair Polk SR6500 comps
One Polk SR124DVC sub
One Pioeer Premier 880PRS HU
One Memphis belle 16MCH1300 amp
Post edited by Pantocrator on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2007
    Normally that would be a great idea but you being a novice (no offense) Id keep the SR's crossover in place for now at least. That way in case you do something wrong you wont blow a hole thru one of those wonderful $800 speakers!

With the SR's crossover in place, it will protect the mid but especially the tweeter from being overdriven. You can still play with your crossovers tho until you get the hang of it.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D