Music is ruining my life

Face
Face Posts: 14,340
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
I admit I'm a bit of a procrastinator at time. I blame it on being a government employee. :D

But now it's getting worse.

It's a beautiful day out, I have to run a couple of errands plus do a oil change and brakes on my daily driver.

But what am I doing instead. Listening to music. Now that I have things mostly dialed in, I find myself more and more just sitting here listening to music instead of doing the things I need to do. I'll say, oh..after this CD I'll do that. One more song, yeah. 2 CD's later....

At least I can still break myself away to exercise. Probably because I have my old rig in my exercise area.

What makes it worse is, while I'm here listening, I keep on hitting ebay and the gon looking for the items I want to complete my setup(2 more McIntosh amps) which I really shouldn't be buying yet. I need to put a new hardwood floor and couch in here first.

So it appears I have a case of procrastination with a touch of upgraditus. How many others are there out there like me? I need help. :D
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
Post edited by Face on

Comments

• Ern Dog
    Ern Dog Posts: 2,237
    edited July 2007
    Are you kidding me, that's all I do when I'm at home: listening to music and scanning audio websites for my next upgrade. Might as well do what makes you happy.

It is more enjoyable if you can let go of the judgements about doing this.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited July 2007
    My rig time is usually between 11:00PM and 2:00AM. I only get 5-6 hours of sleep a night but that seems to work ok for me. I have a couple of other hobbies as well (golf and cars). I haven't bought any new gear in 9 months and have no real desire to do so. New music...I buy some every month...but no new gear.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited July 2007
    I did the exact same today. Beautiful day and the house was empty (not very common) so I had to take the opportunity to listen to music while I was working without worrying about bugging anyone. A good way to spend the saturday I think!