Springfield Vermont - Home of The Simpsons

dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,577
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited July 2007
    People around here have a billion theories about why the Simpsons are based in Kentucky. The towns of Shelbyville and Springfield are about 30 minutes east of Louisville -- which I'm sure can be said about every other state and a few Eastern Bloc countries. There's a slew of other clues, but local fanboys thought they had hit paydirt when the "True Hollywood Story" episode actually referred to the Simpsons as a "a small family from Kentucky".

However, Groening went on record as saying that the "real-life" Simpsons in that episode were in no way related to the actual Simpsons.

One other thing off the top of my head is in one episode the state in which Springfield resides is referred to as a border state during the Civil War. That pretty much narrows it down to Kentucky and Missouri.

Here's a site that is dedicated to figuring out this age old question...
    http://www.snpp.com/guides/springfield.list.html

I'm a dork.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited July 2007
    I love the Simpson's, but Groening has all but admitted that Springfield, Oregon is the logical choice supposedly since:
    1. Mountains, desert, ocean, rivers, canyons, etc. are only a short drive away
    2. He is from Oregon
    3. The stupidity of the politicians
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2007
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited July 2007
    Ah...
    and so the debate begins:p
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited July 2007
    Actually, every writer and person involved with the SImpsons has specifically said that Springfield is left intentionally ambiguous, not to spark debate, but to make Springfield like "Everytown, USA." That's why they chose the name Springfield - the most common city name in America. I'm sure it has influences most from Oregon just because subconsciously that's what Groening is most familiar with, but it's not intended to be any specific place.

Side note about Oregon - it's funny if you drive through Portland, and you see all the street names that are also Simpsons character names. Flanders, Lovejoy, etc.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2007
    Who gives a ****, the Simpsons are stupid.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited July 2007
    Stupid like a fox.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Who gives a ****, the Simpsons are stupid.

May your lungs fall out of your a$$ for spewing such blasphemy.
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2007
    Remember Josh, that statement comes from someone who remembers what happened at CES a week later.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • VTvid
    VTvid Posts: 1
    edited November 2007
    I am one of 200 volunteers who appeared in the winning Springfield Vermont video. After we helped them win, our local Chamber of Commerce turned their back on us. We were excluded from the invitation list, our seats awarded to the elite in town instead. And not even a word of thanks or mention of us in the public ceremony outside the theater. Read more and then enjoy some happier sights and sounds of the world premiere on our website:
    The Simpsons Springfield Vermont
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2007
    Reported for Fruitcakitus.
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2007
    Doh!