polk sda srs

Options
apachef1
apachef1 Posts: 60
edited July 2007 in Vintage Speakers
Can the Polk SDA SRS speakers be used with mono amplifiers that are common grounded together? I've had use of a pair of 1.21tl's and they were no problem. After being hooked up to my rig the owner did not want to sell them anymore. Couldn't blame him.
I have an option to purchase a 9.0 pair of SDA SRS spseakers and was unsure if I can use the mono's with them. The amps would be strapped together to common ground them like I did with the 1.2tl's.

ED
Post edited by apachef1 on

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited July 2007
    Options
    You should have no problem if your amps worked with the 1.2's in that configuration.
    Carl

• apachef1
    apachef1 Posts: 60
    edited July 2007
    Options
  • Phil Dawson
    Phil Dawson Posts: 288
    edited July 2007
    Options
    I do it and it works fine and the only place the amps are common grounded is with the power cords going into the main power control (each amp has its own switch) the power conditioner and the wall outlet.
    Phil
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited July 2007
    Options
    My dual-mono, single power cord Parasound runs like a raped ape on my SRS's mids.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d