Modify thread title

Gaara
Gaara Posts: 2,415
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
Is there a way to do this? I can modify the title and it shows up correct in the post but not when looking at the list of threads.

I want to modify some for sale adds and would rather do this then begin a new thread.

I was able to do it in the testing section but can't in the FS section. Not sure if it is because of the different section, or because there are replies to that thread but not the testing one.

Thanks.

Jared
Post edited by Gaara on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2007
    You can do it, until someone else has viewed the thread. After that, the title will remain the same in the forum view, but changed in the thread view.

I think it has to do with indexing in vBulletin, and people subscribing to threads.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited July 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    I think it has to do with indexing in vBulletin, and people subscribing to threads.
    Can mods change titles on this board? I'm a mod on a few other boards and am able to change titles.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2007
    Yes, mods can change it.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited July 2007
    Russ,

Thanks for the info, makes sense. I guess I will just keep adding to the old thread and hope people pick up on it.

Jared