My dealings with Racks and Stands.com

Face
Face Posts: 14,340
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
I ordered a rack and two necessary accessories to accommodate my stereo system. As per R&S's website, everything was in stock.

I received a phone call the next day saying, one item is not in stock and will ship the following week, and they will call me when the item ships. Keep in mind, I can not assemble this rack without this piece/adapter.

A week goes by, nothing.

Another week goes by, I call them and they say it is still out of stock.

A third week goes by and I call them again. I was told that the item just arrived at the warehouse and will be shipping the following day, and that I should receive it by the end of the following week(this week). I asked the sales person if they could expedite shipping since I have $4,000 worth of components sitting on my floor plus the fact that this item was supposed to ship a few weeks earlier. I was told that they couldn't do this. I then asked for a supervisor. After being put on hold a few minutes the sales person returns and tells me that the manager isn't available since he's on another call(another unsatisfied customer probably). It's been a month now and my components are still on the floor next to a unassembled rack.

If it wasn't for the website telling me that the item was in stock, or every time I called I was told that it should arrive next week, I wouldn't be annoyed. Plus the fact that their website's tracking link says that the item shipped with the original order, (which it obviously didn't, thanks for updating that), I wouldn't have been so annoyed. So I made sure to leave some feedback on Amazon.com's site since that's who refereed me to Racks and Stands. I also left some feedback on R&S's page, but I'm sure they'll delete it.

I thought you guys might appreciate a heads up.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
Post edited by Face on

Comments