Automatic Toilet Paper

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
FINALLY. The auto TP dispenser has been released.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070711/auto_toilet_paper.html

Carefully read the first sentance, notice something wrong? haha.

Anyway, looks like a cool new product, and if you feel that 5 sheets isnt enough there is an emergency feed for the bad ones.
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited July 2007
    And.... why is this necessary? The TP you touch in a public bathroom hasn't been touched by anyone else, so it's not really anything sanitary.... so it's just a waste of power, right?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited July 2007
    It stops kid from putting a big wad in the toilet still attached and flushing.... :)

I dunno, I wouldn't mind a little interaction in a stall while pooping. I think it's pretty neat. There isn't much left to automate in a restroom other than the stall doors.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2007
    ok why is this guy in the womans room?
  • BaggedLancer
    edited July 2007
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    ok why is this guy in the womans room?

Spying on Mr. Nightly
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited July 2007
    his name is dick.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • bobman1235
    edited July 2007
    It stops kid from putting a big wad in the toilet still attached and flushing.... :)

I dunno, I wouldn't mind a little interaction in a stall while pooping. I think it's pretty neat. There isn't much left to automate in a restroom other than the stall doors.

Now kids can just put a piece of tape over the sensor and leave people without any TP when they need it :)

The only reason to automate things in the bathroom is for sanitation or convenience. This provides neither - it's no more sanitary, and arguably LESS convenient. It's completely pointless.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited July 2007
    i dont like when people touch my TP, this is a product for me.
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,621
    edited July 2007
    You're thinking of PP not TP.
  • BIZILL
    edited July 2007
    i dont like when people touch my TP, this is a product for me.
    Polkitup2 wrote: »

:D:D

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited July 2007
    Polkitup2 wrote: »

I touch my PP all the time. Sometimes I talk nice to it as well.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited July 2007
    Hmmmm..... Well I can say from personal experience with automated paper towel dispensers, faucets, and toilets. I dont think your saving a dime if thats what your after. one of the buildings I take care of has a total of 12 restrooms in various odd parts of the building, and I am constantly getting called to repair either the paper towel dispenser or toliet.

The paper towel dispensers seem to have a couple of problems that occur on a regular basis, one being that every so often they go nuts and dispense an entire giant size roll of paper without stopping. Or refuse to dispense anything at all, Usally because the sensor is dirty or the 4 D cell batterys are dead.

The toilets the same way either they flush contiously every so often or refuse to flush at all. Between the cost of supplying batterys and added labor to repair or replace and added lost work time because it takes an extra 2-3 mins to wash your hands and get extra paper towels because the 1-12 inch sheet dispensed isnt enough to dry a single hand on a 4 year old girl certainly isnt saving any money.

As far as stopping people from putting an entire roll of toliet paper in a toilet, I doubt this idea will help much, they will only trigger the sensor for more until they have as much as they want lol.

Even the automatic faucets are a royal pain. other than having to replace the batterys. They will only run for an estimated 7 secs then it shuts the water off, or if you remove your hands to add soap it shuts off, So to properly wash your hands you have to do this in a very precise method, reach up with your left hand for the soap while keeping your right hand under the flow of water then repeat 3 more times lmaoooo.

The reason why richard was so estatic about this idea is that once you install these devices you have to purchase there paper products forever. The rolls are designed to be a different size than normal so you cant purchase any other brand of paper but theres at an exorbiant price.

The only possible upside to this idea is sanitary issues as far as im concerned.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited July 2007
    Just another stupid idea.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited July 2007
    BIZILL wrote: »
    his name is dick.

You calling me a dick?
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited July 2007
    I hate those faucets. I have to pick my 3 year old up to use them, then I have to put my hand over the sensor to get the water to work for him. I think they need to make a sink for kids that is lower, and has a sensor that senses when the kid is with in a foot of the sink.
  • BIZILL
    edited July 2007
    You calling me a dick?

you created this 'invention'/contraption?

anyway, this product would be overly-complicated. those same geriatrics whom cannot program their vcr's (none of us here, of course;) ) will have to have their grandkids install a new roll of tp for them.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • BaggedLancer
    edited July 2007
    They need to come out with a new toilet that flushes when it detects that the bowl has too much poo and toilet paper in it. Clogged toilets never again!
  • bobman1235
    edited July 2007
    Or we can just stop breeding morons who don't know how to do a basic human function - dump.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited July 2007
    I remember back in the day, one bright fellow invented the gas fired toilet which were installed in some remote villages up here that had no running water. you did your buisness then pushed the buttton and the waste would be creamated at around 3500 degrees.

Which was fine until it malfunctioned:D

You wanted to be sure any body part/parts were clear of the toilet before flushing lol, because every so often they would shoot out a flame about 4 foot high that would make quick work of whatever body parts were close enough to ignite:eek:

Needless to say these were not a big hit with the locals, and were quickly removed from the marketplace.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D