Go ATF!!!

Strong Bad
Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
Some cool action in the neighborhood this morning. There’s a house on the next block down from where I am that has some people living there for about the last year. They’ve had a lot of “visitors” that always rolled up and double parked then left a few minutes later. This crap has gone on since they moved in. A lot of us knew what was going on and even spoke to the cops about it. So, this morning I wake up, look out the front window and the street is lined with cop cars, vans and a fire truck.

A police tactical squad FINALLLY raided them early this morning and took them all away in hand cuffs. The fire department was called in to cut open a safe they used inside the house (so I was told). Most likely, that’s where they stored everything.

I looked at the front door of the house while heading to my truck and you can see how the door frame was ripped apart, no doubt from the battering ram.

These clowns were the black sheep of the neighborhood as most everyone else is cool! It's an older neighorhood, about 50+ yo, and alot of the people are very cool and decent. Always takes one to make an eye sore out of a neighborhood. This house unfortunately is owned by a rental company (along with 1 other) and it has always lured the worst dregs of society to it, even when it was privately owned. It's had a black cloud over it since it was built. Too bad, it's a nice end of group townhouse with a big yard. Maybe it needs a nice owner like me! :D

Autobots…ROLLOUT!!!

John
No excuses!
Post edited by Strong Bad on

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited July 2007
    It seems every neighborhood has that one "house". You just hope that said house doesn't eventually breed and become legion. Glad to see it got nipped in the bud.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited July 2007
    Sweet! I'll have to ask my neighbor to see if he was in on it. Was the B-more SWAT team there?

Glad they cleared them out.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited July 2007
    No photos?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited July 2007
    Thats a huge relief. Are there any kids living in your neighborhood?
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited July 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    No photos?

I missed all of the good action photo ops. I was sound asleep when the raid went down. I should have snapped some of the clowns being led away in handcuffs, printed out a load of them and posted them around the neighborhood.

I saw a few plain clothes guys carrying their black tactical vests and loading them back into their undercover plain-jane vehicles. A few guys were carrying some SWEET weapons!

YES, we have quite a few children in the neighborhood. There is an elementary school just down the street a little bit, less than 5 minutes to walk to.

I'm sooooo happy they got raided! As I said, it's a nice neighborhood with some good people. This 1 home was the sore spot and pissed alot of us off bigtime!

John
    No excuses!
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited July 2007
    oops..I accidentally hit Report Post instead of Reply...Sorry Shizelbs:o
    But they put that too close to the other button..

anyways..My Mom had the same thing happen to her....She calls me at work and says there are about 20 cop cars across the street and over a few houses with guns drawn...the street is roped off and finally they drag some huge dude out the door and everyone leaves..my mom is giving me a play by play outside her front door as all this is happening..

I'm like, "Mom..get the F back in the house!!"
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited July 2007
    :D WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Pay back is a *itch!!! You drove her crazy when you were a kid & now she's paying you back!!!!:D :D:D:D

krabby5 wrote: »
    oops..I accidentally hit Report Post instead of Reply...Sorry Shizelbs:o
    But they put that too close to the other button..

anyways..My Mom had the same thing happen to her....She calls me at work and says there are about 20 cop cars across the street and over a few houses with guns drawn...the street is roped off and finally they drag some huge dude out the door and everyone leaves..my mom is giving me a play by play outside her front door as all this is happening..

I'm like, "Mom..get the F back in the house!!"
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited July 2007
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Some cool action in the neighborhood this morning. There’s a house on the next block down from where I am that has some people living there for about the last year. They’ve had a lot of “visitors” that always rolled up and double parked then left a few minutes later. This crap has gone on since they moved in. A lot of us knew what was going on and even spoke to the cops about it. So, this morning I wake up, look out the front window and the street is lined with cop cars, vans and a fire truck.

A police tactical squad FINALLLY raided them early this morning and took them all away in hand cuffs.

Damn!:eek:
    Carl

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited July 2007
    The "ATF" what a joke. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms. I think there should be a AVO; Anti-smokers, Vegetarians & Over-see'ers so they can tell the rest of us how to live "right."

What the hell does alcohol & tobacco got to do with firearms anyway??

Sorry, rant mode off. Move along nothin to see here....
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited July 2007
    Well, it started as a tax collection bureau and for those purposes I suppose they fit together. After a while it moved into law enforcement. They've added explosives to the list since then, too.

I'm not a big fan of the way it's run, but someone has to do it.
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited July 2007
    John in MA wrote: »
    Well, it started as a tax collection bureau and for those purposes I suppose they fit together. After a while it moved into law enforcement. They've added explosives to the list since then, too.

I'm not a big fan of the way it's run, but someone has to do it.

Maybe it's time for a new acronym for the ATF. Hmmm.....FATE!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
    What were they selling bacon and lard?
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2007
    Yesterdays paper detailed the discovery of 3.5 pounds of grass by a cleaning maid at a major motel, less than 5 miles from here. It also seems this rocket scientist was out on bail (since last week or the week before) for being the ringleader of a major dope ring around here. He had cut a deal to get softer treatment in return for info on higher ups. The DA has indicated "That boy may have nothing left to deal with."
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited July 2007
    steveinaz wrote: »
    The "ATF" what a joke. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms. I think there should be a AVO; Anti-smokers, Vegetarians & Over-see'ers so they can tell the rest of us how to live "right."

Big time +1...

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    The DA has indicated "That boy may have nothing left to deal with."

See this is what kills me . . . "may have nothing left to deal with." May not??? What's this effing scum have to do to go to jail? I know murder an innocent child is a high speed chase running from the ATF and the police.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited July 2007
    steveinaz wrote: »

What. Never saw any gangster movies? Booze and tax free smokes were big money.
    Lots of guns. Thats what started the Feds into law enforcement.
    Before that, it was just local cops.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited July 2007
    See this is what kills me . . . "may have nothing left to deal with." May not??? What's this effing scum have to do to go to jail? I know murder an innocent child is a high speed chase running from the ATF and the police.

I'd say having several pounds of weed is a far cry from murder of an innocent child. Dial back the hyperbole a tiny bit.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    I'd say having several pounds of weed is a far cry from murder of an innocent child. Dial back the hyperbole a tiny bit.

Several pounds of weed while on bail! Hyperbole? C'mon man career criminal here. Whether we like it or not "weed" is still illegal and I'm willing to bet this scum bag is into dealing heroin and crack as well "major dope ring". He was just stupid enough to get caught with weed. . . of course I am just speculating here.:rolleyes:
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited July 2007
    Well, I wouldn't let him babysit my kids or anything, I'm just sayin'.... he's not a murderer.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Well, I wouldn't let him babysit my kids or anything, I'm just sayin'.... he's not a murderer.

I know he's not. . . I was being facetious and sarcastic. :)