The Interview

daboyz
daboyz Posts: 5,207
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
So, here I am interviewing a guy for a position at the store and everything is going really well.:) He has experience and a nice disposition. I like to ask about personal life,hobbies,etc. He tells me he's into electronics and now I really like him. So, I brought up my affinity towards Polk speaks and he says that he's a big fan of Bose.:eek: Such a great sound out of such little cubes.:( Now I'm wondering.:confused:
Ok, do I hire him and lure him back from the darkside? Or do I smack him upside the head and tell him I'd never hire someone with such poor taste and total lack of judgment?
His fate is in your hands.;)
Post edited by daboyz on

Comments

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited July 2007
    If everything else is good, then I would go for the 12 step re-training program to reorientate his affinity for Bose. Give him a probationary period and if he still hasn't seen the path to the light, then send him on his way.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,162
    edited July 2007
    A clause in his hiring documents that he is never to utter the word Bose again out loud in front of you or any customers. Slowly reorientate him back from the electronic cult he belongs to :eek: :p

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited July 2007
    His affinity for bose indicates he is easily influenced and therefore he will be easy to train. Hire him.:D
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited July 2007
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited July 2007
    Off with his pinkies!!! That'll teach him!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,162
    edited July 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    Off with his pinkies!!! That'll teach him!

Better yet off with his ears :eek:
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited July 2007
    Maybe he is testing you and has Wilson/Halcro system at home :D
  • daboyz
    edited July 2007
    I put him in for a background check. Let's see how thorough it is!
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited July 2007
    venomclan wrote: »
    Maybe he is testing you and has Wilson/Halcro system at home :D

Oh I like that one. And maybe he knows more. :D
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited July 2007
    Tie him to a chair and force him to watch you smash those little cubes with a sledgehammer...then hire him.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • daboyz
    edited July 2007
    Tie him to a chair and force him to watch you smash those little cubes with a sledgehammer...then hire him.

Isn't that overkill?:D A tack hammer should more than suffice!;)
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited July 2007
    daboyz wrote: »
    Isn't that overkill?:D A tack hammer should more than suffice!;)

Should that be a "tackY" hammer ?

Hire him ... he needs all the help he can get.
    Sal Palooza