How is this for irony! Politicians are a joke!

SLOCOOKN
SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
:eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
Sony cx985v (for now)
BBE 482i
B&K AVP 1030
Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
Nordost RCA
SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
Belkin pf60
Carver TFM 55x
Signal Analog 2 RCA
AudioQuestType 4
VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
Post edited by SLOCOOKN on

Comments

• phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited July 2007
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited July 2007
    I wonder how he'd vote if he had it to do over again.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • SLOCOOKN
    edited July 2007
    xsmi wrote: »
    I wonder how he'd vote if he had it to do over again.

I don't think he would change his vote. Then he would have to look at the rest of his political views and examine them as well!....too bad though:mad:
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited July 2007
    Typical. I love Massachusetts' governor, he's a huge proponent of basically removing the right to bear arms completely. Of course, why should he care, he has armed guards around him 24/7, right?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • SLOCOOKN
    edited July 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Typical. I love Massachusetts' governor, he's a huge proponent of basically removing the right to bear arms completely. Of course, why should he care, he has armed guards around him 24/7, right?

That is the scary thing about politicians these days..This guy from Texas has a conceal and carry permit...so HE believes in the right to protect him self. and votes against the very right he is practicing! WTF?????:confused:

Your Governor; So long as everyone protecting ME is armed we will all be safe?

Crazy world!
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited July 2007
    Yeah they tend to forget us little folk.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited July 2007
    Well, he did only shoot the guy in the leg. Maybe he's just saying you should wing the guy instead of double tapping him you know?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • bobman1235
    edited July 2007
    He was fighting against the Castle Doctrine - fighting that is essentially saying that your duty if someone breaks into your home is to retreat, not fight.
  • SLOCOOKN
    edited July 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Well, he did only shoot the guy in the leg. Maybe he's just saying you should wing the guy instead of double tapping him you know?

Why not carry a tazer gun, bean bag shot gun, why shoot him at all....Just call 911 and run away.

He carries a gun to kill someone who might try and kill him. He used good judgment that allowed him to wound this guy...The next one might not be so lucky!

Things can turn in a hurry and you will never know unless you were there.

He was a former cop..He had lots of training. I don't think he was making an example out of this!
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
  • jdhdiggs
    edited July 2007
    Chill man, my post was intended as a bit of a joke. This definately seems like a case of "do as I say, not as I do"
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • SLOCOOKN
    edited July 2007
    Chill man, my post was intended as a bit of a joke. This definately seems like a case of "do as I say, not as I do"

No sweat! I rather enjoy our chats!:D ;)
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
  • jdhdiggs
    edited July 2007
    Good! If you haven't figured it out, I like to debate as well! (well, that is as long as you can form a cogent thought...) ;)
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited July 2007
    I believe the bill was extending the Castle Doctrine to a person's vehicle as well. I don't really see the necessity for it either. We already have CW. I'm just not so sure that bill would justify a bunch of useless road rage killings. You cut some guy off, he gets pissed and walks up to your car -- you have the right to shoot him??
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited July 2007
    Do you know how incredibly difficult it is to just shoot to wound someone under those circumstances? It's not like in the movies. He probably just hit the guy in the leg shooting in his general direction. That is a lucky robber/burglar.

I have actually had people say 'why didn't the cops just shoot the knife out of the guy's hand?"
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited July 2007
    I have actually had people say 'why didn't the cops just shoot the knife out of the guy's hand?"

Well, why not punk? :p
  • bobman1235
    edited July 2007
    Do you know how incredibly difficult it is to just shoot to wound someone under those circumstances? It's not like in the movies. He probably just hit the guy in the leg shooting in his general direction. That is a lucky robber/burglar.

I'd be lucky to be half that accurate on the range, let alone under extreme duress.

If only we could all shoot like the movies... :)
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited July 2007
    Well, why not punk? :p

Well..I mean I can do it but it's not for your average Joe.:D :p
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited July 2007
    Good! If you haven't figured it out, I like to debate as well!

No you don't.

;)
    Sal Palooza
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited July 2007
    PhantomOG wrote: »
    I believe the bill was extending the Castle Doctrine to a person's vehicle as well. I don't really see the necessity for it either. We already have CW. I'm just not so sure that bill would justify a bunch of useless road rage killings. You cut some guy off, he gets pissed and walks up to your car -- you have the right to shoot him??

actually the guy who got cut off should be able to shoot the other guy:D
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited July 2007
    krabby5 wrote: »
    actually the guy who got cut off should be able to shoot the other guy:D

You should drive down the New Jersey Turnpike sometime ;)
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,