BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2007
    None of those links work.

I started off with Sprint back in 2000 but finally switched to Verizon a couple months ago cause their service area never got any better and their phones sucked.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • BaggedLancer
    edited July 2007
    hmm hold on im gonna have to fix them, dunno what happened.

EDIT: FIXED they all work now. Sorry
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,979
    edited July 2007
    I do agree that in business, some customers cannot be pleased and they should not be serviced.

Th t said, I ha e de lt w th Sp rint before and I ha e gotten ba ser ice. It wa n't the case wh n I switc d to Ne tel. Nextel had great service! But when they merged with Sprint, I s arted to g t bad se vice onc aga n. Even th ugh th y say that t ey don't use the sa e tow rs, I hav noti ed a dif er nce in qual it .

Sorry, I used a sprint phone for communications concerning this matter.:eek:
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BaggedLancer
    edited July 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I do agree that in business, some customers cannot be pleased and they should not be serviced.

Th t said, I ha e de lt w th Sp rint before and I ha e gotten ba ser ice. It wa n't the case wh n I switc d to Ne tel. Nextel had great service! But when they merged with Sprint, I s arted to g t bad se vice onc aga n. Even th ugh th y say that t ey don't use the sa e tow rs, I hav noti ed a dif er nce in qual it .

Sorry, I used a sprint phone for communications concerning this matter.:eek:

What? What? I can't hear you? Hello? GOD F**$#ING DA@#IT *throws phone*.........That's me daily with my Nextel
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,979
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, I hear ya' there! Just made my first insurance claim because I "dropped" the phone..............at about sixty miles per hour....

It used to be the greatest.:(
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited July 2007
    My dad used Sprint/Nextel for his business once. Worst mistake he ever made. Aside from being hideously expensive, and having awful coverage, he would often miss calls, and get voice mails literally DAYS after they were sent. He owns a franchise, and this was his business line - that was completely unacceptable. It amazes me that they're still in business.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited July 2007
    I have been with Cingular for 4+ years and had good experience with them. Unfortunately they have been bought out by AT&T. I HATE AT&T. They are the biggest bunch of "no service" jerkoffs I have ever dealt with. I have their hard line phone service and DSL service in my condo that my kids live in at school. I had to call them EVERY month for 7 months to get a couple of issues fixed. Each month I would be told the person who had promised a resolution the month before (I kept names, date, times, etc...) didn't know what was going on BUT they would fix it...or what I had been promised was not possible...or THEIR records show it was now correct (which of course it wasn't). I dreaded getting the phone bill each month to see what new thing they had screwed up. I wish they had left Cingular alone...
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited July 2007
    T-mobile baby... 7 plus years and going strong. Joined back when they were voicestream... best service around.

Wife had Horizen, and they flat out sucked. Worst support on the planet... We dropped her plan, paid the termination fee and everything and then have been with T-mobile ever since.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited July 2007
    T-Mobile's awesome if you live in teh 6 square miles of the country that they get coverage.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited July 2007
    I really can't complain about Verizon. The service has been good and I get reception everywhere. I never had an issue other than there are occasional dead places. You're going to have that with any provider and equipment.
    Carl

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited July 2007
    I used to have Sprint and they had very, very bad customer service along with high prices. It's true -- I'd get voice mails a couple days later. I switched to T-Mobile a year ago. No problems.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited July 2007
    shack wrote: »
    I have been with Cingular for 4+ years and had good experience with them. Unfortunately they have been bought out by AT&T. I HATE AT&T. They are the biggest bunch of "no service" jerkoffs I have ever dealt with. I have their hard line phone service and DSL service in my condo that my kids live in at school. I had to call them EVERY month for 7 months to get a couple of issues fixed. Each month I would be told the person who had promised a resolution the month before (I kept names, date, times, etc...) didn't know what was going on BUT they would fix it...or what I had been promised was not possible...or THEIR records show it was now correct (which of course it wasn't). I dreaded getting the phone bill each month to see what new thing they had screwed up. I wish they had left Cingular alone...

Cingular was AT&T before they were Cingular. You've been dealing with the same people since go.
  • POLKOHOLIC
    POLKOHOLIC Posts: 407
    edited July 2007
    where i live tmobile is great. its very rare to experience dropped calls. where my folks live (long island) tmobile sucks.

what i like about tmobile: when i signed my contract 1 yr ago - a month later they call me and ask me what i think. i told them service is good but there were times when calls were dropped. they gave me 500 extra anytime minutes and told me if i don't use them - they will roll over to the next month. i still have about 30 minutes left from that and the commercials are kind of entertaining :D

what i dont like about t mobile: close to zero service in long island.

what i like about cingular/att: all contracts have roll over minutes.

what i dont like about cingular/att: customer service could be better. i've heard they don't let you unlock phones. retail store reps could be brighter and by brighter i mean not complete idiots who insist that att is the only wireless provider with edge in america.

what i dont like about the others(sprint/verizon): they are not GSM. i cant use there phones outside america. phones are useless once the contract expires. GSM has a much much larger variety in phones.

what i like about the others(sprint/verizon): competition is good. hopefully they will start a price war and soon we will be paying 5 bucks for 1000 minutes.;)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited July 2007
    When the ship is sinking, desperate acts prevail.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited July 2007
    Ok, to clarify this Cingular thing....

Cingular was part of BellSouth mobility and SBC phone company. Cingular bought AT&T mobile, changing there name to Cingular. SBC then bought AT&T long distance which then bought BellSouth... SBC likes the AT&T name better then SBC, BellSouth or Cingular so is changing everyones name to at&t.

Don't worry it confuses me at times and I work there.

Cingular was AT&T before they were Cingular. You've been dealing with the same people since go.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2007
    I say Bravo to ditching the winers. I don't have a PHD in Business either though, but it make for a good read.

AT&T for about 8 years here, until they plainly showed they didn't give a **** if I was a customer or not - Verizon for the past 7 years, and no plans to change.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.