Barely Missed VR-1s! GRRRR

phuz
phuz Posts: 2,372
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
Right when I clicked Buy It Now I get "This item has already been purchased with buy it now blah blah"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110147024072&rd=1&rd=1

I ordered my CDP and some cables yesterday, and those VR-1s were going to top off my new 2ch hobby/office/tinkering system.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Ok I'm done venting.

:)
Post edited by phuz on

Comments

• xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited July 2007
    Lighten up buddy. There will be more.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited July 2007
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited July 2007
    Such is life on Fleabay. I've been sniped so many times in the last 10 seconds that I don't bother to bid anymore. Eventually this type of activity will run off the casual user and the regular Fleabayers will be selling things to each other.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited July 2007
    jmwest1970 wrote: »
    Such is life on Fleabay. I've been sniped so many times in the last 10 seconds that I don't bother to bid anymore. Eventually this type of activity will run off the casual user and the regular Fleabayers will be selling things to each other.
    :confused: WTF! LOL! Someone simply bought them before he did.
    Those are some nice bookshelves Phuz.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited July 2007
    You can find them in Audiogon at that price or less once in a while.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • phuz
    edited July 2007
    scottvamp wrote: »
    :confused: WTF! LOL! Someone simply bought them before he did.

I know I know. I was just having some fun around here on a Sunday afternoon.... bein silly...

I had been pondering on them all morning, then the second I went to buy them they were gone!

I'm still looking...
  • scottvamp
    edited July 2007
    I know Phuz, i was referring to the strange, make no sense, rant of jmwest. Fleabay, WTH is that about...............:rolleyes:
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited July 2007
    scottvamp wrote: »
    I know Phuz, i was referring to the strange, make no sense, rant of jmwest. Fleabay, WTH is that about...............:rolleyes:

My rant makes perfect sense. It was a general comment on my view of Fleabay. I didn't quote Phuz, as it wasn't directly relevant to his post, but it was a statement that Fleabay is a purveyor of disappointment, whether it be a missed BIN or 2 second sniping.
  • scottvamp
    edited July 2007
    jmwest1970 wrote: »
    My rant makes perfect sense. It was a general comment on my view of Fleabay. I didn't quote Phuz, as it wasn't directly relevant to his post, but it was a statement that Fleabay is a purveyor of disappointment, whether it be a missed BIN or 2 second sniping.
    I know me and many other members are 100% Ebayers. You have to learn how Ebay works and not get scammed. I have had nothing but success. The only down side over the last 9 years is the hike in fees..........

That was my hole point, it was a strange random rant from someone disgruntled by Ebay. And had nothing to do with Phuz post. It's all good.:cool:
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,621
    edited July 2007
    Here's a pair of VR-1 that look like they sold for $400

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrmoni&1188582163
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited July 2007
    I have 'Von Schweikert' on my Ebay alerts and usually by the time they send the alert the listing has been up so long that if it's a good deal it's gone.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited July 2007
    I am looking for a logic board and power supply for a mac. I was thinking about setting up alerts, may not be a good idea huh?
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited July 2007
    Sure, but if they are a steal they may go before you see it.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited July 2007
    the sniping at the end of the auction is one simple thing, its someone willing to pay more for an item then you.

if you bid at the end low, your hoping no one will come over the top and "snipe" it, thus, getiing an item for a great price. but if someone is bidding higher, it means someone is willing to spend that much on the item.

when I want something, at the end I put what I am willing to pay for it, sometimes it only slightly higher than the current bid, sometimes it significantly higher. if it wins, great, if it dont, oh well, whatcha gonna do.

jmwest, if your constantly gettin sniped and getting mad at it, then your not bidding enough on stuff you really want.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited July 2007
    nice bookshelf! are you looking to switching over to VS, Phuz? I wonder how does this gem compete with LSi7?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • phuz
    edited July 2007
    polkatese wrote: »
    nice bookshelf! are you looking to switching over to VS, Phuz? I wonder how does this gem compete with LSi7?

Not really switching, just doing something different. I'm still keeping the LSi9 in my main A/V system.

I'm really happy with my Rotel/LSi9 system that I use for TV/Movies/Entertaining Guests/etc. I'm working on a 2 channel system for my home office. After a few years of hard work and big distractions, I'm getting back into the hobby with the goal of ending up with a nice 2ch system that will (As Russman once put it) MAKE MY PANTS GO CRAZY! Or at least a cool system to swap and try out different gear with.

The VS were going to be a start, and I eventually hope to have some Dynaudio Contour S1.4 (may be sooner than later).
  • phuz
    edited July 2007
    They got relisted, so I snagged 'em!

So now I've got VR-1s, Contour S1.4s on the way. Just need to find some Totem Arros and I'm gonna have a nice little shootout...