PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited July 2007
    I'd say a good 80+% of those are bots... but hello bots! :D

If they are AutoBot's, they are welcome to stay anytime hehehehe...
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2007
    Yes, they are all (for the most part) bots.

Yahoo,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited July 2007
    Yes, but I have it on good authority that a large percentage of those bots are FEMbots. :eek:
    Sal Palooza
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited July 2007
    Ok, first, what's the diff 'tween a member & a guest?

Then, what's a "bot?"

Please enlighten this ignorant one?
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited July 2007
    Ok, first, what's the diff 'tween a member & a guest?

Then, what's a "bot?"

Please enlighten this ignorant one?
    The difference between members and guests are that guests can view the forum but not post here. For example if you signed out of here and then came back you could read all the posts here but could not post till you signed in. As far as bots go they are robots. Hopefully (audio bots) lol

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • BottomFeeder
    edited July 2007
    Many thanks!
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited July 2007
    Yep yep, all those Bots record everything we do on these boards and stick em in their search engines.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/online.php?sort=username&order=asc&pp=25&page=1

Go there if you want to see Yahoo get its game on.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited July 2007
    Refefer wrote: »
    Yep yep, all those Bots record everything we do on these boards and stick em in their search engines.

Somehow I feel dirty...........................:D
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited July 2007
    Don't tell Mr. Nightly he's being recorded and watched again.
  • BottomFeeder
    edited July 2007

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/online.php?sort=username&order=asc&pp=25&page=1

Go there if you want to see Yahoo get its game on.

Why would they do this?
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited July 2007
    Have you not search Yahoo and Google looking for audio info and Polk forum comes up a lot.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited July 2007
    Something doesn't add up, though. This morning at approx.10:25 it said that a total of 401 active users were on CP. However, when I added up the people viewing each section, the total was only 340 active users.

Are the other 61 people in the twilight zone or have I forgotten how to use a calculator? Or am I in the twilight zone? The voices inside my head aren't telling me.:rolleyes:
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited July 2007
    Maybe they hide where they are looking, if I recall correctly this is an option in the usercp section. I assume that this would mean they would register as being online but they wouldn't show up in a section.

As for the searches...i hate this as I will do google searches for things and find my own posts. Very weird.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited July 2007
    "Yahoo! Slurp Spider" ?

That's HOT !
    Sal Palooza
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited July 2007
    Don't tell Mr. Nightly he's being recorded and watched again.

WHAT?! WHO?! Where?!

Not again....

*Groan*
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited July 2007

Yeah, I love it when I'm researching something and one of my Polk Audio posts shows up in my search results. Especially if it's a stupid one :rolleyes: Out there for the whole world to see.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited July 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Something doesn't add up, though. This morning at approx.10:25 it said that a total of 401 active users were on CP. However, when I added up the people viewing each section, the total was only 340 active users.

Are the other 61 people in the twilight zone or have I forgotten how to use a calculator? Or am I in the twilight zone? The voices inside my head aren't telling me.:rolleyes:

Man oh man!! Talk about having free time!

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited July 2007

We were in the very exclusive section that YOU and other mere polkies are not allowed in....
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited July 2007

Dud you need a "Girl Friend" or a Hobby not sure what fits for ya. :rolleyes:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited July 2007
    I'm pretty sure "viewing each section" just shows people who are actually browsing that section - personally I always use the "new posts" button and click on each individual message I want to see, so I never browse the upper-level sections. Maybe that's the discrepency?

I agree though, you have WAY too much time on your hands.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited July 2007
    what are the purpose of these bots? and can't anything be done about them?
    are they just there to slow things down or what?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited July 2007
    joeparaski wrote:
    Man oh man!! Talk about having free time!
    shack wrote:
    We were in the very exclusive section that YOU and other mere polkies are not allowed in....
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I agree though, you have WAY too much time on your hands.
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    Dude you need a "Girl Friend" or a Hobby not sure what fits for ya.

Tough crowd man.......:p :D

I just did a quick add up in my head and it seemed as if something was off. So I whipped out the calculator, and whalla. The #'s didn't add up is all. BTW, I'm recently married and my hobby is all things HI-FI. Wouldn't have even thought about it until the original post.

Off to go tinker with the stereo rig now.......
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~