Power Cord For New Receiver

Options
scottvamp
scottvamp Posts: 3,277
edited July 2007 in Electronics
I have my Onkyo TX-SR805 receiver coming in on Tuesday. Can someone please give me a couple recommendations (links) for a aftermarket powercord at a reasonable price that will mate well this receiver?
I would really appreciate it.
Thanks, Scott
Post edited by scottvamp on

Comments

• wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Budget?
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • scottvamp
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Budget?
    This is my first aftermarket power cable. After making many purchases from Monoprice, I can't believe what me and other people have payed for cables over the years. I quess with that being said, $100 or less. :confused:
    Really don't have any experience in this subject and am not even sure what benefits it will yield. But i know it has to be better than stock.........
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited July 2007
    Options
    And you know that buying an aftermarket one is better how? Telepathy?:confused:
    scottvamp wrote: »
    This is my first aftermarket power cable. After making many purchases from Monoprice, I can't believe what me and other people have payed for cables over the years. I quess with that being said, $100 or less. :confused:
    Really don't have any experience in this subject and am not even sure what benefits it will yield. But i know it has to be better than stock.........
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited July 2007
    Options
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Try the PS Audio and see if you like it. I have a couple. In fact I use 'upgraded' power cords on almost everything in my set up if for nothing else than the shielding in my organized rat's nest of cabling. I use Harmonic Tecnology cords on the important stuff such as amp and pre.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • scottvamp
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Thanks, keep the recommendations coming. Signal has great reviews. PS cable seem solid. Anyone on the forum willing to part with a power cable, i may be interested.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Another vote for PS Audio.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Signal Cable Magic Power Cord is hard to beat for the price (and service) for a very good quality cable.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • scottvamp
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I just decided to buy the Raymond 10gauge from Ebay (100%). Priority Mail, should get it in a couple days. I read someone used Raymond on the forum and was happy with it. The PS was some guy in Hong Kong. Signal seemed a hassle to order and shipping appeared to be lengthy.......
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Good things come to those who wait and things from Hong Kong are sometimes imitations from what I have heard and experienced.

Please forgive me, as I'm not trying to be an ****. Just inform.;)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • scottvamp
    edited July 2007
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Good things come to those who wait and things from Hong Kong are sometimes imitations from what I have heard and experienced.
    Please forgive me, as I'm not trying to be an ****. Just inform.;)
    No, it's cool. That is why i went with the Raymond cord. From and hand made in America.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
    Options
    ANother for SC Magic Power cord.
  • auto_pilot
    auto_pilot Posts: 256
    edited July 2007
    Options
    I was recommended this cord by a few audiophiles:

http://www.shunyata.com/Content/products-Shielded.Venom.html

Some would argue that the 3-5ft of chord doesn't make that much of difference compared to the thousands of feet the electricity has already passed...And some would also say that a quality line conditioner already does the job.

Post your results...I'd be curious to know if it really made a difference.
    Cambridge Audio AZUR 640R
    KEF IQ2C Center, Fronts KEF IQ1 , Rears KEF Ci302Q
    Sub Outlaw LFM2
    Panasonic Plasma 1080i (50u)
    Sony DVP-NS70H (DVD)
    Belkin Pure Audio PF31 Line Conditioner
  • Ferres
    Ferres Posts: 310
    edited July 2007
    Options
    As some have said. The powercord is the gatekeeper to your entire system from those thousands of miles of cables.

I use Isotek for my system. Provides all around improvement for both audio and video. :)
    Gear: Rotel RC 1082, Rotel RSP 1068 pre/pro, Rotel RMB1077 amp, Cayin CDT 15a CD player, S301 bluray.

Speakers: Tannoy DC sensys speakers, Paradigm Servo15 Sub, Velo Spl-1500r

Conditioner: Isotek :D
  • scottvamp
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Ordered the Raymond Power Cord a week ago from the Ebay. Suppose to be sent Priority Mail. Others have received theirs in 1 to three days. Sent 4 days worth of email. No replies and no cord. Really strange..............he's 100%bayer.
    I realized i have both PowerLine 400's from my monster amps. So i don't even need it any more. Put one on the Onk and the other on my SVS.:D