It is done.......

brettw22
brettw22 Posts: 7,624
edited July 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
So with the move from Chicago mid winter inhibiting my desire to do a damn thing with my system (other than Joel helping re-run all my wires for me to wire up my amps on a board etc), I finally got the amps hooked up and mounted to a board. Cost me another $150, but I wasn't in the mood to do anything else.......

So, here's my trunk with most of the real estate taken up..........but DAMN does my system sound great........

I got the hex screws that I wanted and I'm glad I got them instead of the basic sheet rock screws. Right now, they're a little off square, but that's what happens when they're being played and movin some air.

Next time I do this I will probably only go with a single sub.......or just a bigger car.......lol..........
comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
Post edited by brettw22 on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2007
    Plan on having a big fire soon?
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited July 2007
    congrats.. looks sweet....
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited July 2007
    lol.........not of my own...........but i've been around a few fires lately and decided to carry at least one. The second one just came out of storage and I haven't pulled it out of the trunk yet..oh well.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2007
    Very nice! Not easy to put that much power and that much sub into a trunk and still retain its use. Good job!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited July 2007
    Where's the giant rainbow sticker going?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2007
    brettw22 wrote: »
    lol.........not of my own...........but i've been around a few fires lately and decided to carry at least one. The second one just came out of storage and I haven't pulled it out of the trunk yet..oh well.......

Better safe than sorry I guess. Looks great, cant wait until I get a 10" SR in my g/f's Civic. The SR components have great midbass, but I'm not used to anything under 1000w worth of subs...besides the last year when I havent had anything, but that doesnt count;)
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2007
    Brett is the Fireman for the new Village People, those are just props for his costume.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited July 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Brett is the Fireman for the new Village People, those are just props for his costume.
    :D:D:D
    your20gay.jpg
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited July 2007
    its pretty -- has a very "i just make big boom and i can't beat up your honor student" look to it.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited July 2007
    Nice lookin setup you have there.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz