Gordon Lightfoot - Live In Reno

Options
TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited September 2002 in Music & Movies
Man, what a beating I'm taking over this DVD.....

The Lovely Wendi and I were at Best Buy last night and I was looking through the concert DVD's and I was torn between "The Last Waltz" and ol' Gordo. Well, as you may or may not know, Big Dumb likes ol' Gordo. I saw him at a small venue in '87 and he was fabulous so I'm thinking that this is a slam dunk. Well, I got that **** home, fired up the HT and was looking to get my 'Carefree Highway' on. WEEEEEELLLL, on the plus side, the video was good and the instrumental portions were top notch. HOWEVER.....you ever hear a cat screech after you kick it square in it's little furry kitty-balls? That's about what Gord's vocals sound like. Man, NOT what I remembered. I mean, why folks didn't boo that **** off the stage is beyond me. I still somewhat enjoyed the tunes but his singing was really, really bad.

Course, than I tossed in Elvis: Aloha From Hawaii and got my Suspicious Minds on and ALL was right with the world. You can't go wrong with the King. NOBODY could wear that **** and pull it off but the King.

FAAAK man, and that DVD was like 25 bones too, **** I got entire RIGS I don't have 25 dollars invested in......

BDT
I plan for the future. - F1Nut
Post edited by TroyD on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited September 2002
    Options
    TroyVis.jpg

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Thank you.....Thank you very much....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited September 2002
    Options
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH:lol:
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2002
    Options
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, 'we can't go on together....with suspicious minds.....'

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Rented this the other night, just to make sure before I bought it.
    Glad I rented, won't buy it.
    I saw this at the theater when it came out,
    and remembered it being great, maybe it was the wacky tobacky that made it great.
    A few choice sets, wayyyyyyy too many interviews,
    and alot of mediocre sets.
    Better in memory.

-Luc
  • Paul Connor
    Paul Connor Posts: 231
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Troy,

Don't know what could have happened to Gordon. I saw him in 2000 at a small outdoor show in Sandy, Utah and his voice was as strong and clear as ever. He looked like his wild years had caught up with him, but the show was great.