L A I R (ps3)

Options
scottvamp
scottvamp Posts: 3,277
edited July 2007 in Video Games
LAIR is just around the corner. This is the big title PS3 owners have been waiting for. Totally custom design for the six axis remote. Check out the Behind The Scenes lot of cool video there. Will post the review as soon as it comes up.
http://www.us.playstation.com/Lair/default.aspx
Post edited by scottvamp on

Comments

• lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited July 2007
    Options
    It has uncompressed 7.1 sound output, which I am looking forward to once I find the money to buy myself a PS3.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • cheddar
    cheddar Posts: 2,390
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Hopefully the surround effects will be as precise as resistance. I love being able to tell exactly where things are by just listening to the sound field...
  • duksbak
    duksbak Posts: 134
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Question...

Is the audio any different coming from HDMI as opposed to running it though the optical cable?

My low end reciever can't handle HDMI, and ive wondered if I am really missing a whole lot of audio...

Picking up Ninja sigma today and really looking forward to Lair!
    Television: Mitsubishi WD-57732
    Front R/L: Polkaudio RTiA7
    Center: Polkaudio CSiA4
    Rear R/L: Polkaudio FXiA4
    Subwoofer: Polkaudio DSW600
    A/V Reciever: Denon 2808
    DVD/SACD: Sony Playstation 3
  • scottvamp
    edited July 2007
    Options
    cheddar wrote: »
    Hopefully the surround effects will be as precise as resistance. I love being able to tell exactly where things are by just listening to the sound field...
    One of the Behind the Scenes is just explaining the sound production that went into it. FACTOR 5 is know for ground breaking sound effects.

"""""Is the audio any different coming from HDMI as opposed to running it though the optical cable?
    My low end receiver can't handle HDMI, and ive wondered if I am really missing a whole lot of audio..."""""""""

Many of use, including me, are waiting for pre-amp's with uncompressed HDMI sound fields. Until then, optical it is.
  • cheddar
    cheddar Posts: 2,390
    edited July 2007
    Options
    duksbak wrote: »
    Question...

Is the audio any different coming from HDMI as opposed to running it though the optical cable?

My low end reciever can't handle HDMI, and ive wondered if I am really missing a whole lot of audio...

If it's an uncompressed raw 7.1 pcm feed then optical probably won't be able to handle the bandwidth. So it will be downconverted somehow over the standard connection. Should still sound good, but as with blu-ray, it won't have the range and resolution of the full track. But that's just a guess without knowing the full specs of the track.
  • scottvamp
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3) got an amazing review.
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/800/800565p1.html
  • duksbak
    edited July 2007
    Options
    scottvamp wrote: »
    Many of use, including me, are waiting for pre-amp's with uncompressed HDMI sound fields. Until then, optical it is.

Doesn't the new Onkyo TX-SR805 have that now?
  • scottvamp
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Doesn't the new Onkyo TX-SR805 have that now?
    WOW! Thanks man, i missed the new Onkyo line. And i am a huge fan. I guess i will be picking up the 605 or 705 very shortly. I guess one of my Onkyo's are going up for sale. Those features are amazing. Sweet, new toy!:D

http://reviews.cnet.com/av-receivers/onkyo-tx-sr805-silver/4505-6466_7-32430614.html
  • duksbak
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Its pretty fantastic, i've been playing with it a bit here at work. We have one left in stock. Seem to be a quick selling AVR.

Sorry for taking your thread in a different direction, bro.
  • scottvamp
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Its pretty fantastic, i've been playing with it a bit here at work. We have one left in stock. Seem to be a quick selling AVR.
    Sorry for taking your thread in a different direction, bro.
    No problem, i posted a thread in the electronics area. As for now i can see this unit in my future. They seem to be selling like crazy already.