Sad question, but I will ask anyways.

Options
tab10
tab10 Posts: 13
edited July 2007 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
I will be picking up a new Toshiba DLP this week, and I was trying to find a stand for it. I could get the matching Toshiba with it as well, but it is black.

Now, the Polk speakers I am getting are all in the cherry finish. Will these go all right? Or should I be looking for a tv stand with a cherry wood finish as well.

FWIW, this system would be in my bedroom (gameroom, room is over the garage), and a good bit of my furniture is oak.

Like I said, this is pretty silly, but I just wanted to ask anyways.
Post edited by tab10 on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,102
    edited July 2007
    Options

*blink*

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sure it will >_>
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Get the matching black stand.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,851
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Black goes with everything. Get rid of the oak.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited July 2007
    Options
    That's what I did.:D
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • gadgetdad
    gadgetdad Posts: 34
    edited July 2007
    Options
    I bought the Toshiba 65". The Toshiba stand looked like it was ready collapse.
    Sorry no input on a wood stand. I bought a Bush stand local for $200.00.
    Tinted glass, matte black, & chrome. The tv sits with just a half inch of table on either side. Front and back of chassis fits perfectly with edges of table. If I can find my camera cable I will post a pic. Here is a link for the table for consideration. http://bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7870949&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03116&id=1142302233775
    TOY INVENTORY
    TOSHIBA 65HM167 (DLP)
    ONKYO TX-SR603X (AVR)
    Logitech Harmony 880 (REMOTE)
    PureAV PF60 (POWER)
    polkaudio CS400i (CENTER)
    polkaudio RT1000i (MAINS)
    polkaudio FX300i (SURROUNDS)
    polkaudio RT25i (REARS)
    polkaudio PSW350 (SUB)
    DefTech SuperCube I (SUB)
  • gadgetdad
    gadgetdad Posts: 34
    edited July 2007
    Options
    By the way there is plenty of shelf room. I have My polk center on top shelf with dvd and cable box on sides.
    Onkyo AVR, bottom center with computer and dvd/vcr on sides.
    TOY INVENTORY
    TOSHIBA 65HM167 (DLP)
    ONKYO TX-SR603X (AVR)
    Logitech Harmony 880 (REMOTE)
    PureAV PF60 (POWER)
    polkaudio CS400i (CENTER)
    polkaudio RT1000i (MAINS)
    polkaudio FX300i (SURROUNDS)
    polkaudio RT25i (REARS)
    polkaudio PSW350 (SUB)
    DefTech SuperCube I (SUB)