SDA II Tweeter

the-beemers
the-beemers Posts: 3
edited September 2002 in 2 Channel Audio
I had a great pair of SDA II "B" speakers until a neighbor child cranked my amplifier up for about 10 seconds with a very loud Led Zepplin segment playing. My left side tweeter is shot.
Questions: The part number on the tweeter itself is "SL 2000". Is this the same as a SL 2000T? Should I replace both tweeters for equal response curves or any such reason?

PS: Child was scared to death from the noise, no scolding required!
Post edited by the-beemers on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited September 2002
    Those tweeters have a overload protection on them, are you sure it's shot? If so, a call to Polk will answer your question.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2002
    I'm not so sure the 2b's have a fuse on em'......
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • the-beemers
    the-beemers Posts: 3
    edited September 2002
    Thanks for the replys. Actually the voice coil has separated from the dome material. By lightly pressing the mylar cover you can turn the tweeter on and off as the voice coil wire makes and breaks the circuit. I just found the actual SL 2000 tweeter in a different parts list. I'm going to call and order. Thanks again.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited September 2002
    lol, i think that child would be paying the bill...lol
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC