Should I be nervious?

cbl117
cbl117 Posts: 285
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
I snagged a ps audio upc-200hb on audiogon this past thursday. I sent payment thursday night after sending an email to see if its still available. Since then I haven't heard anything else from the seller. Hes a pretty new seller with only 2 transactions, both positive. Should I be nervious? I always saw audiogon as a safe place.
2 Channel

Vandersteen 3a Sigs
Music Reference RM-200
Hovland HP-100
VPI Scout w/ Benz Ace
Rotel RCD-1072
Cardas Golden Reference Speaker Cables
Cardas Golden Reference Interconnects
Cardas Golden Power Cords
PS Audio UPC-200HB
Black Diamond Racing Isolation
Post edited by cbl117 on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited June 2007
    Every resale website has possible scam issues including Audiogon. In fact, it's gotten much worse there lately, but it's still better than eBay.

This looks like the one you bought, http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?powrcond&1188258172 and if you look at the two transactions he's done, they are both to the same guy. To me, that raises a red flag. If you paid via PayPal with a credit card, you do have some recourse if the deal goes south.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited June 2007
    cbl117 wrote: »
    I snagged a ps audio upc-200hb on audiogon this past thursday. I sent payment thursday night after sending an email to see if its still available. Since then I haven't heard anything else from the seller. Hes a pretty new seller with only 2 transactions, both positive. Should I be nervious? I always saw audiogon as a safe place.
    I think everything will be ok with the deal. He has sold a couple of items like F1nut said to the same guy, which does raise a red flag allright. but that was roughly a year ago so I doubt he's in the buisness of ripping people off.

Some people are hard to get ahold of various odd reasons. I have only gotten stung once. usally people are slow about emails is all. GL with your sale, and as F1nut mentioned if theres any doubt with a seller use a credit card with theft protection.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited July 2007
    What is this 'nervious' that you speak of.....
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited July 2007
    I think $300 is steep for a picture of the manual................;)
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited July 2007
    Some sellers are not very good communicators, nor do some people check their email often, and it's also a holiday coming up so he may not even be around. I wouldn't worry yet. I've inquired about items on audiogon before and not heard back for a week.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited July 2007
    Update?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited July 2007
    Kind of ironic....
    the only poor transaction I've ever had on Audiogon was for a PS Audio UPC-200. Everything worked out in the end, but it took about two weeks for the seller to ship the item after I had sent payment via Paypal. Had me worried, but I suppose some people just take their sweet-**** time.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore