hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    Yep, leave it to a law firm to exploit the law....People like this give lawyers a bad name.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    And what do are kids get to look forward to????????
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited June 2007
    Most excellent post, Joe.

Listening to the blonde woman speak on how to disqualify an American from the job posting is enlightening.

Paraphrased: "Well, nuts ..... if you can't disqualify the person from mere inspection of their resume, than .... dammit, schedule an interview with the HR manager, and have him question the person until SOMETHING comes up !
    Anything !".
    Sal Palooza
  • Polk user
    Polk user Posts: 311
    edited June 2007
    engtaz wrote: »
    And what do are kids get to look forward to????????

I don't know about your kids, but your kids children WILL be speaking Spanish as a first language in school and will be almost unemployable if they are not fluent in Spanish.

This country will be in a non lethal civil war in 50 years. By that I mean it will be the Spanish vs the European whites vs the Indian/Pakistanis vs the Muslims.....All trying to secure power for themselves in our government. America as a NATION will no longer be a viable thing because most of the immigrants, both legal and illegal will have their allegiance to their motherland.
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited June 2007
    When I was taking typing in high school back in 1968, one of the practice sentences we used was:

"Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country."

Now I understand what the phrase meant.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited July 2007
    That is just downright wrong on so many levels,I don't know where to begin.
    But this kind of **** will never change untill you take the greedy paws out of congress and somehow change the laws.Which is a fairytale now,because the american voter has little power to do anything about it,as our congress has seen to that.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
    tonyb wrote: »
    That is just downright wrong on so many levels,I don't know where to begin.
    But this kind of **** will never change untill you take the greedy paws out of congress and somehow change the laws.Which is a fairytale now,because the american voter has little power to do anything about it,as our congress has seen to that.

This is scarily true. When they had the immigration bill set before them again this past week, it took the talk show radio hosts to inform the public on the evils of the bill. . . it took the people thousands of phone calls to inundate the Senate locally and in Washington to get these elected people to actually do the will of the people.

If a vote were set forth on this issue it would be plain as the nose on your face as to where the American people stand. The problem I had with this past week is that I was very happy that the bill was defeated but saddened by the fact that there was no alternate or anything to do any improvements or gain on the immigration problem. No one wants to take this problem piece meal to fix the problem. Why can't we attack it one problem at a time i.e. get a serious start to building the fence, give employers incentives to find out which employees are legal or not, give employers an easier way to identify whether or not a prospective employee is a legal citizen or not. Come up with methods to make the illegals non-prosperous so that they will not want to stay here, require any alien or suspected alien to provide two valid pieces of ID etc, etc. etc **** we can't write a check in a department store without providing two valid pieces of documentation. When I say an alien must provide a valid form of ID, I'm not talking about a driver's license. How about a valid birth certificate or something a little more difficult falsify. We need solutions not just defeated bills. I think this is where our elected officials are really failing. . . no-one is coming up with the small individual solutions to the problem.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited July 2007
    [QUOTE=HearingImpaired}I think this is where our elected officials are really failing. . . no-one is coming up with the small individual solutions to the problem.[/QUOTE]

And that is the heart of the matter.

NOBODY is coming up with the steps necessary to deal with this MASSIVE influx of illegal aliens.

Democrat. Republican. Independent. Doesn't make a difference.

The problem has been framed by THEM (yes, THEM) to be such that only a single solution must be found to deal with the problem.
    Not a series of steps, but one magical single solution.

Is there one single magical solution ? IMO, of course not.

So why are they (Dems, Reps, Inds) fiddling while Rome burns and allowing this illegal immigration to occur ?

If you believe the answer is "Well, my party (whichever) has the solution, but the other party (whichever) is being obstructionist and not allowing us to solve the problem !", than (as usual) I'm not making my point clearly enough.

Which is: they are ALL letting it happen.

The question is: Why ?

I don't know the answer.
    I do believe it clearly goes beyond party affiliation; to me, that much is clear.

Anybody have any ideas ?
    Sal Palooza
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited July 2007
    I believe it comes down to this for most people......

We want secured borders....period.And the manpower to do it.
    We want our local law enforcment to be able to even ask if someone is legal or not,and have the power to deport any who are illegal...period.
    Thats a good start,get that passed,and we can move onto the whole visa thing and the free health care issues that are crippling the system.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Polk user
    Polk user Posts: 311
    edited July 2007
    NEITHER party is going to do anything about the issue. They have ZERO interest in helping the middle class or America itself. They are interested only in themselves. You can start helping by re registering as an Independent and letting your former party know why you left and that they will never get a cent of your money or your vote.

The solution is easy to fix. The problem is neither the Dem's or the Repubs have the balls to do it. They don't want to OFFEND the Hispanics. TOUGH ****!!!!! Since we are a country of immigrants, then why not let us immigrants bring in family members from other countries to do the "jobs Americans won't do" (another lie). My wife is from Asia and I had to fill out an affidavit of support before she came here. It stated I could/would be responsible for ALL her expenses and she could not get ANY public money. Why can't we do that for our guest worker program? I would pay for her brother to get here, supply him with LEGAL housing, and promise his return to his native country when his 2 years is up. He would get a work card with his fingerprints on it and he is good to go. Now since we are a nation of immigrants, millions of us would be able to bring in a family member and EVERYONE would be happy......except the illegals who would start to get hungry since they now cannot find work. They would deport themselves back to their homeland.

Of course we would also have to enforce the laws we have on the books now about hiring illegals. The fines would have to be $5000 a shot and after 3 violations you are shut down.

The anchor baby Bullch!t has to stop. If 1 parent is not a citizen then tuff tosies. Do you know that if a diplomat has a baby while here in the USA the child is NOT a citizen of the USA.

AND I'M TIRED OF PRESSING 1 FOR ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited July 2007
    Take away automatic citizenship for children born here from illegals.

That would be a good start. Now, they don't have access to government subsidies and programs. Won't happen tho. Too many Hispanics is Congress now.
  • carpenter
    carpenter Posts: 362
    edited July 2007
    I believe this particular story is about legal immigration and not Illegal.
    some American employers prefer non American employees, simply because they cost less.
    in order to get a working visa for a candidate they need to prove to the authorities that there aren't any available Americans for a published position, so they do this trick adds thingy.
    The not-so-secure-borders thing is yet another problem.
    I guess the thickest hair in my tongue is how much of a non-issue the disregard for the law has become lately. I fear this distorted (audio forum yeah ..) reality might prove to be a slippery slope. I mean if one set of legislation is ignored, the next symbolic-at-best law lurks a around the corner waiting to be ignored, and so on.
    "If the global crisis continues, by the end of the year Only two Banks will be operational, the Blood Bank and the Sperm Bank. Then these 2 banks will merge and it will be called 'The Bloody **** Bank'"