Met the Zombie today

Ricardo
Ricardo Posts: 10,636
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
Jason (zombie boy 2000) honored us with a visit today; We had a few beers and listened to some tunes. What else can I say; It was great meeting another polkie (really nice too). I discovered some new music, and had a great time.

You need to come again...I forgot to ask you to sign the wall !!!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
SOPA
Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
Post edited by Ricardo on

Comments

• venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited June 2007
    Zombie only has 14 months left on the waiting list to meet the great Venom, I even cut back the fee to $1000 just for him :)

Sounds like a fun gathering, always cool.
    V
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited June 2007
    Zombie only has 14 months left on the waiting list to meet the great Venom, I even cut back the fee to $1000 just for him :)

Sounds like a fun gathering, always cool. Where is Mason? I have family in Niles and Poland Ohio.
    V
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2007
    Sounds like a fun time.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited June 2007
    Zombie - Did Ricardo slap you on the **** alot during conversations? or was that just me. I started to think we were playing football.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2007
    Sounds like a fun time.

:rolleyes:

:p
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Ricardo
    edited June 2007
    venomclan wrote: »

Sounds like a fun gathering, always cool. Where is Mason? I have family in Niles and Poland Ohio.
    V

20 miles north of Cincinnati.

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Ricardo
    edited June 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Zombie - Did Ricardo slap you on the **** alot during conversations? or was that just me. I started to think we were playing football.

Don't worry Mark; only you get that treatment from me.

SOPA
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited July 2007
    Sorry to be responding so late to this thread, but I've been away from the computer for a bit. I cannot begin to describe how gracious a host Ricardo is. Besides tunes and beers, I got a chance to share an unbelievable meal with him and his family.

That being said... Ricardo's mad experiment in his mancave has to be seen/heard to be believed. I have never heard a system sound as good as his -- in a home or a high/end shop. The Belles was honey. The speakers were magic. And the Raysonic brought me to my knees. Absolutely stellar gear and set-up, and he's earned every bit of it.

And with that being said... I'd say the best part of the visit was forgetting about the gear all together and sharing our love of music. Ricardo introduced me to everything from Spanish guitar to Brazilian world beats. I introduced him to a lil' Beck and lil' Stop Making Sense.

Mark will be happy to know that Ricardo's "game" of choice is soccer. None of that futbol norteamericano rubbish.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited July 2007
    Game is soccer eh ?
    And who is the world cup champs ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Ricardo
    edited July 2007
    Thanks for the comments Jason; it's good to have another pair of ears listen and evaluate one's system. I must say I am extremely happy with it and as mentioned in another thread, I really think I am done....but.....sometimes for no reason at all I start thinking on how would it sound with those speakers, that preamp, etc. I guess I miss the whole upgrade process...buying gear, setting it up, analyzing differences, etc.

How's the Bada sounding in your system?? ;)

SOPA
  • Ricardo
    edited July 2007
    tonyb wrote: »
    Game is soccer eh ?
    And who is the world cup champs ?

I forgot....must be that the winners last year didn't do anything special to remember them?? :D:D

SOPA
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited July 2007
    Simply put... the Bada has brought my system to the next level. One of the few upgrades that the wife noticed immediately (for the better). And... she admires the remote's "heft":eek:

I'll give it another week to play with the other component's in the sandbox before posting an actual review. But so far, I'm giving it three thumbs up.

Man... I'm craving some sausage, peppers and a Dos Equis right now:)
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Ricardo
    edited July 2007
    Good to hear the Bada is blending nicely; after you play it for some time, try the Sylvana gold pins (and let it break in); I never tried it and wonder if it's an improvement over the GE that's in there now. I have another Sylvana and would like to know if it's worth for a karma....

SOPA
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited July 2007
    Then a'tube rollin' I will go:)

To the rest of you guys... I won't divulge how much Ricardo sold this BADA for. Suffice it to say that it was MAJOR Karma. He could have gotten much more over at the 'Gon. And to be honest, there's cuttin' a fellow Polkie a deal and nearly giving something away. And with extra goodies to boot.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited July 2007
    cool deal.

RT1
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited July 2007
    HTrookie wrote: »
    I forgot....must be that the winners last year didn't do anything special to remember them?? :D:D

Yeah...but they looked damn good doing nothing.:D

GQ everyone of 'em.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
    Don't worry Mark; only you get that treatment from me.

Damn I was looking forward to it!
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Just one time I would like to see someone write back about there visit something like; well, the rig sounded mediocre, the music was boring, the food was bland, the wife was a ****, and the dog pissed on my leg and I had diarrhea when I got home. Other than that I had a good time.:D
  • Ricardo
    edited July 2007
    I'll make sure I remember that when I go listen to your vinyl rig :D:D

SOPA
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited July 2007
    I take it all back. His system sounded like two turds mating. I kept begging him to turn it off so blood would stop gushing out of my ears, but he wouldn't listen. Just cranked up the treble on that Yoko cd and set a course for repeat.

And his dog vomited in my lap.
  • Ricardo
    edited July 2007
    BTW Jason, did you start talking to your wife about SVS?????

SOPA
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited July 2007
    Yep. She wants one. I'm afraid it might replace me. That thing was a brute.
    My first SVS experience was definitely a memorable one. I can see what all you HT guys are raving about. I really wasn't expecting the freakin' couch to shake!
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    I'll make sure I remember that when I go listen to your vinyl rig :D:D

The truth is refreshing for once!~:p
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Seriously. . . it is so gratifying to share this hobby with others. I'm glad you two good fellas could get together. There are many many times when I am sitting and listening to my rig that I wish there was one of you folks there with me to enjoy what I am hearing.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited July 2007
    Eeesh... what model SVS was that? Just for a frame of reference and all that jazz.
  • Ricardo
    edited July 2007
    SVS 20-39 PC+

You think this one shakes....you have seen nothing until you get a demo at Mike's house with TWO; too bad you missed Chicagofest.

SOPA
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited July 2007
    Thanks kind sir. I know one day I'll eventually venture out into the HT jungle and its good to have some firsthand experience with stuff that will more than likely be bought unheard, on-line.