RTA 12c's

Options
W WALDECKER
W WALDECKER Posts: 900
edited June 2007 in Vintage Speakers
I Have been running the RTA 12c's in my tube powered rig . i am using the Sonic Frontiers Sfs 80 tube power amplifier running a brand spanking new Matched Quad of "Russman" Approved (Winged C 6550 C's) and Ei Elite 6DJ8's. my New SAS Audio Labs 10 A linestage tube Preamplifier is Running a pair of NOS Siemens E88CC A-frames. i am using the modded HRAM Stage 3+ JD100A running a pair of Pearl cryovalves. i bought these loudspeakers last weekend from Mike/Md Bluepicker and they are in perfect condition and they have the upgraded silk dome tweeters mounted on top of the cabinets. the RTA 12c's throw a big soundstage and have a coherent sound from top to bottom. these are great sounding Loudspeakers :cool: thanks....WCW III
Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
.Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
Post edited by W WALDECKER on

Comments

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I'm delighted you enjoy them, William. If you can come by a musical sub, try it in the mix. That was the icing on the cake for me with the 12Cs.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Congrat's William
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • dbnh
    dbnh Posts: 194
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Bunky,

Man, you seemingly have / have had more gear than there are deer flies on my acres during a NH summer. Congrats on achieving another addition to your ever-increasing collection.

Hey, how's the modded JD100 treating your ears?

Peace,

Dave

PS - exhilarated and bummed to read about crab cakes - I grew up in Rockville MD, and miss divin' into a bucket of crabs, throwing down some suds and repeating ad infinitum, then picking what's left to make into cakes the following day. Maine lobster's good, but crabs will always resonate deeply and positively with me. Think I'll ponder visiting my dad this late this summer and get some hot, Old Bay & salt encrusted blue points...Lasareath, thanks for reminding me what's important in life beside God, family, and audio. :D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,865
    edited June 2007
    Options
    McCabe's, 3845 Falls Road in Baltimore has THE best crab cakes.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,430
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Steakhouse 49, off 85. Greenville, SC. Best crab cakes this mouth ever tasted. Ever. Back to the topic...........
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • W WALDECKER
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Hey W,

You're in Glen Burnie?, Have you ever eaten at Romano's?, they have the best crab cakes!

Sal
    I have a Glen burnie ZipCode but i live in Marley on Marley creek just on the edge of Pasadena. i have eaten at Romanos but not the seafood, i much prefer Homemade Crabcakes.thanks....WCW III
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • W WALDECKER
    edited June 2007
    Options
    dbnh wrote: »
    Bunky,

Man, you seemingly have / have had more gear than there are deer flies on my acres during a NH summer. Congrats on achieving another addition to your ever-increasing collection.

Hey, how's the modded JD100 treating your ears?

Peace,

Dave

PS - exhilarated and bummed to read about crab cakes - I grew up in Rockville MD, and miss divin' into a bucket of crabs, throwing down some suds and repeating ad infinitum, then picking what's left to make into cakes the following day. Maine lobster's good, but crabs will always resonate deeply and positively with me. Think I'll ponder visiting my dad this late this summer and get some hot, Old Bay & salt encrusted blue points...Lasareath, thanks for reminding me what's important in life beside God, family, and audio. :D
    Hey Dave, Annapolis Seafood ships Crabs by Air all over America.the HRAM Stage 3+ JD100A is a very nice Redbook Player.thanks....WCW III
  • W WALDECKER
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I'm delighted you enjoy them, William. If you can come by a musical sub, try it in the mix. That was the icing on the cake for me with the 12Cs.
    Hey Mike, i have been shopping around for a sub for the past year but i have not found what i am looking for yet. i might try a MJ Acoustics Ref 1 MK III but i have not decided yet.thanks....WCW III
  • W WALDECKER
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Congrat's William
    Thanks George :)