Summer Audio Lull?

cmy330go
cmy330go Posts: 2,341
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Anyone else here go through a big lull when the summer months come? I know I do.

Right now I have two of the best phono stages I could ever hope to own sitting in my living room. They have been there for about 3 weeks and have yet to be connected to my system. It's pathetic! But as much as I want to listen to them I just can't seem to keep myself indoors long enough to do so.

Man this is frustrating!
HT
Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
Post edited by cmy330go on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2007
    not only that... but I am trying to sell some stuff on Epay... and nothing is selling. Man this is rough.

Those RTA12B's for $150 aren't even selling either.. and they've been listed twice.. $150 is a really good price too.

I hate summer for these reason's.

As for listening to some tunes during the summer.. for me anyways, it doesn't change. I still find some time to spin some tunes. :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited June 2007
    danger boy wrote: »
    not only that... but I am trying to sell some stuff on Epay... and nothing is selling. Man this is rough.

Those RTA12B's for $150 aren't even selling either.. and they've been listed twice.. $150 is a really good price too.

I hate summer for these reason's.

As for listening to some tunes during the summer.. for me anyways, it doesn't change. I still find some time to spin some tunes. :)

I hadn't really thought of that. I hope I'll still get a decent price out of the phono stage I decide to sell.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited June 2007
    I don't get to use the system much due to heat as we have a AC that doesn't see much use and when it does it performs poorly.

For buying though it is great, as Zero pointed out you get the best prices it seems during summer.

Jared
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited June 2007
    very slow time of year. It's too nice to be inside.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2007
    a really nice pair of monitor 10B's with stands sold yesterday for $69 that's a dang good deal.. it's the summer bargin time I guess.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited June 2007
    Too hot to listen, too, if you're a critical listener in the south. Who wants the fans or AC making all that damn noise when you're trying to enjoy the music?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited June 2007
    I know what you mean, if it's nice weather, I am going riding, not listening to music. Although the garage system gets more use in the summer, as I tinker with the bike, or work on the lawn.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2007
    All those tubes are great when its cold but make me sweat and keep the AC running on hot days. I'm thinking a "summer" system might be a COOL idea. :)
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D