Just to get the heart pumpin' on a thursday morning

Music Joe
Music Joe Posts: 459
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Bugatti Veyron doing 250 mph

8 liter-16 cylinder-4turbo-1000 hp-2 ton-$1.5mil(about $2mil on road)screamer.
Raises the hair on the back of your neck to watch this hound roll.

2005_Bugatti_Veyron_1024x768_03.jpg
Post edited by Music Joe on

Comments

• venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited June 2007
    Nice!

Almost as fast as the Corvette Calloway Sledgehammer.
    V
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited June 2007
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 996
    edited June 2007
    I don't know if I'd have the 'nads to go that fast but I sure would like to give it a try on a track. When I was younger I had a Porsche 911 and would hit the upside of 135mph on some of the back roads here in central PA. Can't believe I was that foolish with all the deer around.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited June 2007
    that Veyron is supoosed to be surprisingly easy to drive and handle as a daily driver as well. Still would never pay that much for a car though, but I guess someone will :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Music Joe
    edited June 2007
    venomclan wrote: »
    Nice!

Almost as fast as the Corvette Calloway Sledgehammer.
    V
    By 1mph right? Nice to think a guy could win the lottery and have a shot at some science fiction now. Although the Sledghammer is not a production car I bet if you showed up at Calloway w/1 mil in a suitcase.....;)
    A bleeding edge performance bargain at the ?$400k? and with a V8. Probably a white knuckle 'find someone else to do the next test' kind of ride.

MrNightly wrote: »
    :o

mark090852 wrote: »
    I don't know if I'd have the 'nads to go that fast but I sure would like to give it a try on a track. When I was younger I had a Porsche 911 and would hit the upside of 135mph on some of the back roads here in central PA. Can't believe I was that foolish with all the deer around.

I've gone fast in a few American Muscle 'paste you to the seat' cars in which highspeeds happens so quickly it's exciting.
    And in a blink on a motorcycle, so quick, a subjective time warp experience where everything on the road wasn't where it seemingly should've been leaving me a near death ,lucky to be alive, vs excited feeling.
    In a ricer that got creepy loose over about 80 then regained all composure at 93mph-topspeed the ride being so smooth your mind starts to fantisize a catastophic parts failure scenario then anxiety sets in.

I believe those days are behind me too.
    ohskigod wrote: »
    that Veyron is supoosed to be surprisingly easy to drive and handle as a daily driver as well. Still would never pay that much for a car though, but I guess someone will :D

Spot on! And why I picked that one after seeing all of them. Such a spooky smooth ride,cabin camera defying the movement/friction science of going that speed.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited June 2007
    Spot on! And why I picked that one after seeing all of them. Such a spooky smooth ride,cabin camera defying the movement/friction science of going that speed.

So.......are you insinuating you own that vehicle? If so, on one hand I'd say BS, and on the other I'd say congrats :)
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • venomclan
    edited June 2007
    Music Joe wrote: »
    By 1mph right? Nice to think a guy could win the lottery and have a shot at some science fiction now. Although the Sledghammer is not a production car I bet if you showed up at Calloway w/1 mil in a suitcase.....;)
    A bleeding edge performance bargain at the ?$400k? and with a V8. Probably a white knuckle 'find someone else to do the next test' kind of ride.

Yes, 1 mph. I am not sure the acceleration of the Veyron, but the Sledge is 0-100 in 2.5 sec. 0-200 in 19 sec.

The Sledge is the fastest and quickest street legal car in the U.S. 900hp.

A friend of mine did ride along in one for a test drive at Carlisle and it scared the crap out of him. Which is funny because his Vette had over 800 hp and lunged anywhere under 150mph.

I still want a punch buggy green with that jet turbine in it. :D
    V
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2007
    The Bugatti does 0-60 in 2.5
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited June 2007
    Yes, 1 mph. I am not sure the acceleration of the Veyron, but the Sledge is 0-100 in 2.5 sec. 0-200 in 19 sec.

When you say street legal, that's a whole another ball game. That 0-200mph should be at least in the 14s range. :)
  • venomclan
    edited June 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    When you say street legal, that's a whole another ball game. That 0-200mph should be at least in the 14s range. :)

Thanks Sami, I will inform Reeves Calloway to get with the program because his car is too slow. :p
    V
  • Sami
    edited June 2007
    Thanks Sami, I will inform Reeves Calloway to get with the program because his car is too slow. :p
    V

Not slow by any means, but not a production car and it never officially reached the claimed speed. The 0-200mph is impressive but plenty of other tuner cars are faster. The top speed is great but like said, it's not documented and we don't know how much extra they added to the actual top speed.
  • venomclan
    edited June 2007
    Not slow by any means, but not a production car and it never officially reached the claimed speed. The 0-200mph is impressive but plenty of other tuner cars are faster. The top speed is great but like said, it's not documented and we don't know how much extra they added to the actual top speed.

254.3 was the documented top speed. The Sledge was driven a few hundred miles to the track, did the run and drove back. It was not a production car but there were a few of them, I saw one in a white and another in green.
    Thats all I know.
    V
  • Sami
    edited June 2007
    254.3 was the documented top speed. The Sledge was driven a few hundred miles to the track, did the run and drove back. It was not a production car but there were a few of them, I saw one in a white and another in green.
    Thats all I know.
    V
    Undocumented, unofficial. At least the latter. I also think the Dauer's 402 km/h is unofficial speed as well, and that's also a prototype car, not production. I was under the impression there is only one Sledgehammer ever made.

Veyron is the fastest production car in the world today, and in the history.
  • venomclan
    edited June 2007
    Undocumented, unofficial. At least the latter. I also think the Dauer's 402 km/h is unofficial speed as well, and that's also a prototype car, not production. I was under the impression there is only one Sledgehammer ever made.

Veyron is the fastest production car in the world today, and in the history.

LOL, I do not own either car Sami, and really don't give a $hit at the end of the day which is the fastest in the world. If I had the $, I would just buy a helicopter.

The top speed was official. There are more than 1 Sledge, I have seen 2. If there are more, who knows? Especially when the Sledge is over 10 years old.
    V
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    I would pay good money for the opportunity to drive that at top speed.
  • Music Joe
    edited June 2007
    jflail2 wrote: »
    So.......are you insinuating you own that vehicle? If so, on one hand I'd say BS, and on the other I'd say congrats :)

"picked that one[video]"
    If I woke up and that was in the garage,I'd make tracks [on foot] out of there fast, 'cause it could not be my home. :o

A friend of mine did ride along in one for a test drive at Carlisle and it scared the crap out of him. Which is funny because his Vette had over 800 hp and lunged anywhere under 150mph.

I still want a punch buggy green with that jet turbine in it. :D
    V
    All things being relative the 800 hp car your friend rode in would scare the crap outta me.

And if this the chariot of which you speak below? That wheelbase? OMG! Thankyou I'll just watch from a far :D

mn_motorxxjetcar001.jpg

exalted512 wrote: »
    The Bugatti does 0-60 in 2.5
    -Cody
    Now that I have felt and it is a rush!
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    I would pay good money for the opportunity to drive that at top speed.
    Would be fun to just take on a leisurely drive wouldn't it? A real head turner.
    I bet the price would be in the $2mil area with 'a you break it you bought it clause' of course with the limited number of them getting one would be twice the trouble of selling it afterwards. :D

Look at this waste...veyron_smash01_main.jpg
  • GaryZ06
    GaryZ06 Posts: 317
    edited June 2007
    V
    Did you know the the late great John Lingenfelter built the Sledgehammer engine?
    Panasonic 50" Plasma + Pioneer 6010
    Toshiba XA2 HD-DVD
    Panasonic BD30 Blu-Ray
    Pioneer 1014
    Polk RTi12 (front)...Polk CSi5 (center)
    Polk RTi4 (rear)...Velodyne DLS 5000-R Sub
    3 Outlaw M-200 Amps
  • venomclan
    edited June 2007
    GaryZ06 wrote: »
    Did you know the the late great John Lingenfelter built the Sledgehammer engine?

No I was not aware of that, he did a good job.
    V