Help me sell this music

NeilGabriel
NeilGabriel Posts: 1,487
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
I have about 650 CDs and would like to sell more than half of them. I don't want to sell one at a time, and don't want to haul them to my local cd trade in shop, which might take half.

I thought I might bundle them into groups of 10/20 based on similar artists/genre for like $30/60 a bundle (3 bucks a disc--I pay shipping). If you like a few in the bundle, you buy it and throw the ones you don't like at the neighbor's dog, kids, wife (his wife, not yours). But, I wouldn't rebundle after I group them up (since I already have a full time job).

I also could just provide a list of every title and have a 5 title minimum (again, 3 bucks a piece).

Any ideas?
Post edited by NeilGabriel on

Comments

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited June 2007
    Send them to me.. I'll sort thru them for you, take them to a dealer and give you your profits... after my small nominal fee of course. :D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2007
    Post the list; you'll sell some here for sure.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    I hate digital but I would definitely buy some. If it's music that I like or is a really good recording, then I'm on board.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2007
    I know it'll be time-consuming, but your best bet (or maybe ours! :D) is if you just list what you have and enforce a 5 disc minimum or some such.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • auto_pilot
    auto_pilot Posts: 256
    edited June 2007
    Jazz, classical, opera, alternative rock...I might be down to buy a few discs.
    Cambridge Audio AZUR 640R
    KEF IQ2C Center, Fronts KEF IQ1 , Rears KEF Ci302Q
    Sub Outlaw LFM2
    Panasonic Plasma 1080i (50u)
    Sony DVP-NS70H (DVD)
    Belkin Pure Audio PF31 Line Conditioner
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited June 2007
    I'm definitely looking to broaden my music taste and would probably snag 10-20 of them.
  • NeilGabriel
    edited June 2007
    I thought I posted a response here...but I don't know where it went. I'll put up a list on the FM/FS in a couple days. Some of this stuff I don't even know why I bought it...some are duplicates...from the Animals to Warren Zevon...a lot of mellow stuff (except RATM)...some REM, Petty, Neil Young, Peter Gabriel and Springsteen. A bunch of new agey stuff from a mellow period in Colorado. Think I'll go with the 5 title minimum idea (or someone could buy them all for one LOW price). Mike
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2007
    Post them. I tend to buy stuff like this provided the price is right.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited June 2007
    Just how much would that one low price be? I get dibs.;)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,711
    edited June 2007
    I think you have a good idea. Put up a list and I'm sure you'll get plenty of interest at $3 a piece.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • NeilGabriel
    edited June 2007
    Lists are up on FS.