Anyone own a chihuahua?

sabotg
sabotg Posts: 126
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
So my wife wanted a chihuahua for mother's day so we got one (I know I lost tons of manly points) It's a 6 week old female ,cute but just stands around and shivers alot. My question is, is it normal for a little female chihuahua to hump stuffed animals? This dog routinely goes to town on a stuffed animal chew toy it has for 15 minutes or so and I wasn't sure if that was normal. Little male chihuahua yes female chihuahua :confused: Anyway just checking to see if anyone else owned one and knew if this was normal.
Post edited by sabotg on

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    My dad has a female miniature Jack Russell Terrier that humps everything in sight -- inanimate or living. Even gets on the back of my dad's other dog (a male Great Dane!!) and goes to town on him.
    It always conjures up pictures of prison flicks.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • sabotg
    edited June 2007
    LOL.... That just made my morning. So the dogs normal:)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited June 2007
    kind of reminds me of me, at 17.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    sabotg wrote: »
    LOL.... That just made my morning. So the dogs normal:)

Yeah... I think it's normal, if a bit unsettling:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited June 2007
    My dad has a female miniature Jack Russell Terrier that humps everything in sight -- inanimate or living. Even gets on the back of my dad's other dog (a male Great Dane!!) and goes to town on him.
    It always conjures up pictures of prison flicks.

LOL, good times, good times.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited June 2007
    Boy, 6 weeks old is a little young for the hormones to be kicking in :confused:
    I've got a 3 1/2 yr old Chihuahua and she humps when she's in heat. She seems to really like me for some reason :D She also tries to 'seduce' our other femaile terrier...does the little mating dance and them sticks her rear-end in her face. Doesn't seem to be working :rolleyes: Yesterday she tried to seduce a Pit Bull. Good thing the Pit was in a car. That would have been a terrifying mix considering the size of the Pit Bull and the nasty disposition of my Chihuahua. She goes after every animal and human that isn't in the family. That mix would have been similar to a Pirhanna with legs or maybe about as close as you could get to a T-Rex nowadays :D
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited June 2007
    A female pitbull humped my leg once, I let her finish.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    My female humps the male dog all the time....It's a little unsettling, but mildly entertaining at the same time....
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited June 2007
    It's not exactly normal but it's not uncommon.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • sabotg
    edited June 2007
    It's not exactly normal but it's not uncommon.

We'll get her fixed when she's old enough. Maybe that will put a dent in her hump sessions :p
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited June 2007
    If people did this we'd need many, many more prisons! :D
  • louthewiz
    louthewiz Posts: 581
    edited June 2007
    My female dog used to hump around alot but since she got fixed she only humps twice a year...
    My gear,
    Acer PH530 720P PJ
    100 inch Da-Lite Video Spectra screen
    Yamaha HTR 5790
    Toshiba HD-A3
    Denon 1600 dvd player with sdi out,
    DVDO iSCAN HD+
    Panasonic Dmr E-80H
    Dishnetwork HD pvr
    1 Audiosource amp300 150 wpc Fronts
    1 Audiosource ampone bridged 200 watts powering center
    1 Onkyo M-282 105 wpc amplifier sides