4 polk 15s in tha cavagini.

paintpimp
paintpimp Posts: 3
edited June 2007 in Car Subwoofer Talk
got a 97 cavalier and i'm gonna put 4-15s in..how big of a box can i build without messing with sound quality??.got polk mm2154 15s..i used to have 4-15" kickers in my old truck,they required i think 1.5 cu.ft. and the box was 24 cu.ft.,about 4 times the size and it dropped so low it hurt to sit in..thats what i want again..any suggestions on cu.ft. for polk's ??
Post edited by paintpimp on

Comments

• mirra540ryder
    mirra540ryder Posts: 136
    edited June 2007
    i got 3 of them in a 3 chamber seald box with 2 cubic in each. I wanna get one more soon with a audiobahn amp. what kinda amp u got??

Just so i dont gotta post a new forum what will happen if i try and run a profile AP1000M on 1.3 ohms? its 2 ohm stable just woundering if it would hurt my subs or amp?
  • paintpimp
    edited June 2007
    right now i have 2 old but very nice alpine 3555's and two alpine 12's,and one alpine 3553 on my 14 mids/highs..it's o.k. but i got some throw together mids/highs..2 pioneer 6.5,2 clarion 6.5,4 clarion 4",4 tweeters,and 2 6x9 pioneers in the back deck..it's loud but not as loud and clear as it could be with good mids/highs.....as for your amp question,i wouldn't try it if the amp isn't 1 ohm stable,you'll fry it like bacon,lol.
  • mirra540ryder
    mirra540ryder Posts: 136
    edited June 2007
    yeai kinda thot so. im bout to get a new amp anyways. still deciding between getting one huge amp at 1 ohm or 2 decent amps so that i can run 2 subs untill i wanna really open up and flip the switch for the other 2 subs.

anyways as for the low bass u want. these subs in a 2 cubic foot box slead for me hit low as hell. pretty much only really open up around 40 hertz. i did a bass check and it wasnt very loud till the 40 hertz then it almost doubles in sound. and im running a **** **** amp.
  • paintpimp
    edited June 2007