Corvette Tri Power

snow
snow Posts: 4,337
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
This may seem an odd request in a audio forum..... But does anyone have any idea how to date code a chevrolet tri power manifold and holley carbs?

I know there are some car nuts amongst us :p

REGARDS SNOW
Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
Post edited by snow on

Comments

• dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    I'll see if I can get a hold of one of my old friends for the info on looking it up. I belive it was on the GM site, or a site for gm fanatics. you punch in the numbers and it tell you what car(s) the part was used on. I haven't talked to him in a few months and tracking him down is fun.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited June 2007
    Damn I have to think about really hard, but I think it will come to me.. Has to be similar to Pontiac's date coding, which I knew well once.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• snow
    edited June 2007
    Thanks guys. I have this for sale on ebay and have been getting requests for exact dates on this setup but not sure how it works.

I had thought the first number was the month, the second number was the year of manufacture on the manifold itself.

The only thing im sure of is, this has been stored in my garage for 25 plus years it came off a 427 big block that i sold back then.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • disneyjoe7
    edited June 2007
    Snow, yes I think you're correct first month then year. Next to that I think there's a clock thing to show time of day and perhaps shift of production. I would need to pull a block to check myself. Yuk...

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• snow
    edited June 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    Snow, yes I think you're correct first month then year. Next to that I think there's a clock thing to show time of day and perhaps shift of production. I would need to pull a block to check myself. Yuk...
    heres a pic of the manifold. I believe the lil stamped insignia there is the clock you mentioned.

REGARDS SNOW
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited June 2007
    Check out www.corvetteforum.com, they can probably tell you off the top of their heads.
    V
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited June 2007
    venomclan wrote: »
    Check out www.corvetteforum.com, they can probably tell you off the top of their heads.
    V
    I used to live on that forum. Without a doubt, it's the best Corvette based internet forum out there. Too bad the search engine sucks eggs.
    :D
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • venomclan
    edited June 2007
    Face wrote: »
    I used to live on that forum. Without a doubt, it's the best Corvette based internet forum out there. Too bad the search engine sucks eggs.
    :D

I used to live there also, been a Corvette owner for 12 years but not into it anymore and selling my car, no time to play with it. I grew up on Long Island and used to be a member of the L.I. Corvette Owners Association when I lived there. It was pretty fun at the time.
    V
  • snow
    edited June 2007
    V
    Thanks venomclan. I will post a question there.

REGARDS SNOW
  • venomclan
    edited June 2007
  • Face
    edited June 2007
    I was a little young to join the club in 01 when I bought the car. Now I'd probably fit in a little better. :D
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • venomclan
    edited June 2007
    I was a little young to join the club in 01 when I bought the car. Now I'd probably fit in a little better. :D

I was 21 when I bought my car and joined the club. I was one of the younger members but made friends there. That was 11 years ago so I have no idea if they still exist. Where on LI are you?
    V
  • Face
    edited June 2007
    They still exist, a few friends from work are members.

Up to 2 years ago I was in Wantagh, now I'm out in Holbrook.
  • snow
    edited July 2007
    Thanks for the help guys. this item has sold. The manifold and carbs turned out to be made in 1969 as I had thought. $2000.00 even was the final price of the auction

REGARDS SNOW
  • venomclan
    edited July 2007
    They still exist, a few friends from work are members.

Up to 2 years ago I was in Wantagh, now I'm out in Holbrook.

Cool, I grew up in Baldwin.
    V
  • venomclan
    edited July 2007
    snow wrote: »
    Thanks for the help guys. this item has sold. The manifold and carbs turned out to be made in 1969 as I had thought. $2000.00 even was the final price of the auction

REGARDS SNOW

Snow congrats, now where is our commision? :D
    V
  • snow
    edited July 2007
    Snow congrats, now where is our commision? :D
    V
    Thanks V. How did I forget the commision:D

REGARDS SNOW
  • disneyjoe7
    edited July 2007
    Check to be made out to Steve

Thanks Steve

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• snow
    edited July 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    Check to be made out to Steve

Thanks Steve
    On the way steve.:p