Should I throw out old stuff?

Polk user
Polk user Posts: 311
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
I have a Harman Kardon TD292 cassette deck and an Onkyo TX-38 tuner collecting dust. I bought them new almost 20 years old and I don't see myself ever using them.

Talk me into keeping them or putting them at the curb.
Post edited by Polk user on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited June 2007
    First off, welcome to the forum.

Before sending them to the curb, you could always donate them to a deserving youth to start interest in the hobby. Food for thought.........
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited June 2007
    I just paid $20 for a onkyo t-4000 tuner at the thrift store so they are definitely worth a little bit.

Give them away on here or on craigslist or the thrift store or try to sell them.
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited June 2007
    I say Karma them to another polkie
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • Polk user
    Polk user Posts: 311
    edited June 2007
    JimBRICK wrote: »
    I say Karma them to another polkie

I'm new here....what does that mean?
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    Karma is giving away stuff as a good will gesture for the thanks for everybody helping everybody.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • honda cber
    honda cber Posts: 267
    edited June 2007
    i for one could very much use another quality cassette deck. i have boxes and boxes of old cassettes, and probably 100 or more of those titles are my only copy (i.e. no cd). one day, i will put these on cd--- a large part of my procrastination is the inherent SQ of, well, recording old cassettes to cd (so far, they have mostly sounded WORSE than the tape). that coupled with the fact that my cd library already numbers near 2000, and already contains plenty of recordings that sound like **** or little better.

looks like i am:
    (1) music lover
    (2) pack rat
    (3) audiophile

i guess i am not really an audiophile at all, but i do very much appreciate quality reproduction.

where do you live? could i help you make a decision (hint, hint)? lol

a
    gear list:
    1 down, 4 up....
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    All you do is start a new Thread with the word Karma in it if you decide to do it. Ask them to give reasons why they should be included in the Karma.
    Hope that helps.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • chopstik
    chopstik Posts: 41
    edited July 2007
    toss them, you'll forget about it in the morning