Wow, top notch support

jflail2
jflail2 Posts: 2,868
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
I just emailed Polk CS because of a cracked port on the back of one of my RTi-10's. I had a response in (literally) less than 10 minutes, and even after admitting that I bought them open box at Crutchfield, Ken offered to send the part out free of charge.

In a world of ever declining customer service, kudos to Polk for still "doing things right." I offered twice to pay for it, but Ken said it would be shipped out free of charge.

When the rti's become "man room toys", I'll definitely be purchasing some LSi's for the living room.

Polk has my complete allegiance now. Again, excellent job!!
2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
Post edited by jflail2 on

Comments

• phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited June 2007
    You my friend, have just discovered one of the many reasons why many of us are loyal to Mr. Polk and his fantastic crew.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2007
    Polk Audio Rulz! :D
  • duksbak
    duksbak Posts: 134
    edited June 2007
    Its awesome to know that real customer service still exists.

Goooooooooo POLK!
    Television: Mitsubishi WD-57732
    Front R/L: Polkaudio RTiA7
    Center: Polkaudio CSiA4
    Rear R/L: Polkaudio FXiA4
    Subwoofer: Polkaudio DSW600
    A/V Reciever: Denon 2808
    DVD/SACD: Sony Playstation 3
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited June 2007
    Very true. I even rep other home A/V speaker companies and I STILL use Polk speakers for my 2-channel listening! Ken is always a great help with any questions. I don't use any Polks in my H/T system since I do use things that I rep (Sunfire, Integra/Onkyo, Mitek, etc) but I have the utmost respect for Polk.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited June 2007
    Polk Rules !!!
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited June 2007
    update:

Unbelievable.

!st email sent 2:00PM 6/26/07 regarding replacement part. Confirmation of new part being sent (free no less) in 10 minutes.

Package on doorstep when I get home tonight (6/30/07) at 8pm.

Bar none the best service I have ever gotten from any audio/electronics related company. I am stoked :D
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    That's awesome man, I wish more companies could get on this level of CS.....
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited June 2007
    That's awesome man, I wish more companies could get on this level of CS.....

S'all about the little things. They were great to me when I needed their help.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited June 2007
    Those people at Polk Rock. My personal experience has been incomparable.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited June 2007
    Fortunately I have never had a problem with my speakers but even after all the people complaining about blown tweeters, etc. after numerous hours of use and abuse (I mean deafening levels of audio) on my monitors they are still just as good as the day I bought them! (well the day they were fully broken in.) :cool:

It is excellent to hear that should a problem arise I will be graced by a stellar support team! :D
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited June 2007
    I have no personal experience with Polk service. Wanna know why? I have had a Polk's largest sub, 8 pairs of speakers and 4 center channels and have never had a problem or any part to replace....... My Rt1000p's are 10 years old. I had a rattle issue, after close listening, i discovered the rear panels come "loose". A few brads from my staple gun and the problem was gone.
    All good!!!!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,161
    edited July 2007
    Wrong thread
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2007
    I have not had to call customer service. My RTA12b's sound great and were well taken care of by Lou who passed them down to me. But it proves why there is such loyalty to the Polk name.