Any sports memorabilia collectors here?

Shizelbs
Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just curious. If so, post what you have.

Early on I had a couple autographed baseballs, and I figure thats where I've gotten the interest.

I inherited three baseballs signed by different teams from I think the 50s of the New York Yankees. My most recent addition to the collection is a special Ken Griffey Jr ball from my other post. I have a couple signed Edgar Martinez cards and a baseball from an All-Star game. I have a Drew Bledsoe rookie card. I have about 10 other lesser known Mariner signatures on baseballs. My dad also has a few that will be mine someday. I'm not sure what all of them are, but I know one is a Joe Montana signed official NFL ball.

Oh, and I have a chunk of the Kingdome from the day it was imploded.

Alright, what do you guys have?
Post edited by Shizelbs on

Comments

• petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2007
    Ernie Banks signed Major League baseball from a couple of years ago and a Glen Beckert signed Little League baseball from when I was a youngin'.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited June 2007
    I have a Kirby Puckett autographed bb from way back...

I used to collect baseball cards in the 80's and 90's...I think I have some Bonds and Griffey rookie cards..I should go through that stuff and make sure they are still safe and not ruined over time...

I also have a bunch of NHL and NFL cards from that time as well..Gretzky rookie, Elway etc.

If you were to collect baseball cards now, I think you would have to be a millionaire to find any cards of value..:rolleyes:
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2007
    I have all my baseball cards from when I was a kid, 77-83....

When I was in the 5th grade, I traded a kid a 78 Jim Rice, Fred Lynn and Yaz card for a 1969 Mickey Mantle. Much as I hate the Yankees, I knew at 10 that the card was valuable.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited June 2007
    Are those cards worth anything these days? I think I have several shoe boxes full in my folks attic... hate baseball :) hahah
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2007
    Just send them my way and I'll tell you how worthless they are. ;)
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited June 2007
    petrym wrote: »
    Just send them my way and I'll tell you how worthless they are. ;)

uh huh.. I've heard that one before... problem is, I collected Royal's cards, since they were my hometeam growing up. I highly doubt there is even a name on there besides George Brett and maybe Darrell Strawberry (sp?) that would be even worth anything... I think Bo Jackson also played for us, and I have a few of his cards...

Now I'm curious... gonna have to pull those out. :)
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited June 2007
    I collected baseball cards for a few years starting around 1989 (not including the ones I threw away when I was a kid!). I've got lots of Bonds rookie cards and a few older cards from the 70's and early 80's... a Robin Yount, Dave Parker, Nolan Ryan, Eddie Murray, Cal Ripken, some Gwynn rookies. I've got an Emmitt Smith rookie. In the 'oh ****' category, my Mom worked for an organization in the S.F. Bay Area in the 60's that the A's supported. She got a picture with Reggie Jackson and a ball autographed by the entire A's team, including Reggie, Joe DiMaggio who was a coach, Sal Bando, Catfish Hunter, Rollie Fingers, Vida Blue, Dick Williams, etc, etc. We played baseball with it and although we still have it, you can't read any of the names anymore :(
    I got Gwynn's autograph on a rookie card as well as Roberto Alomar's and his Dad, Sandy Sr. on a bat.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones