It never fails...

exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
...I work 9-6:30 mon-sat, and for the past 3 weeks it rains on my one day off:mad:
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited June 2007
    Take a day off through the week and see if it rains. If it does, you're toast and may as well work 7 days a week. :D
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited June 2007
    Here's some good news for ya'. It's not raining in your listening chair.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited June 2007
    It can't rain all the time.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • duksbak
    duksbak Posts: 134
    edited June 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    It can't rain all the time.

Quote from the movie "The Crow" right?
    Television: Mitsubishi WD-57732
    Front R/L: Polkaudio RTiA7
    Center: Polkaudio CSiA4
    Rear R/L: Polkaudio FXiA4
    Subwoofer: Polkaudio DSW600
    A/V Reciever: Denon 2808
    DVD/SACD: Sony Playstation 3
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    Rain is a blessing to those in drought area. It can rain on my day off for a year and I would not be mad. Sorry to hear that you did not get to enjoy your day off. Remember when the most fun you had as a kid was playing in the rain.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • tcrossma
    tcrossma Posts: 1,301
    edited June 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    ...I work 9-6:30 mon-sat, and for the past 3 weeks it rains on my one day off:mad:
    -Cody

Yep, exactly why they created a 5-day work week. You can't trust to having good weather on but a single day off.

tim
    Speakers: Polk LSi15
    Pre: Adcom GFP-750 with HT Bypass
    Amp: Pass Labs X-150
    CD/DVD Player: Classe CDP-10
    Interconnects: MIT Shortgun S3 Pro XLR
    Speaker cables: MIT MH-750 bi-wire
    TT:Micro Seiki DD-35
    Cartridge:Denon DL-160
    Phono Pre:PS Audio GCPH
  • bobman1235
    edited June 2007
    duksbak wrote: »
    Quote from the movie "The Crow" right?

Indeed.
  • exalted512
    edited June 2007
    engtaz wrote: »
    Rain is a blessing to those in drought area. It can rain on my day off for a year and I would not be mad. Sorry to hear that you did not get to enjoy your day off. Remember when the most fun you had as a kid was playing in the rain.

Yea but now the most fun I have is working on my truck...and I dont have a garage :(
    -Cody
  • engtaz
    edited June 2007
    It's always fun to be under a car doing a oil change or dropping a tranny then it rains and and the fluids run down your back and hair. Oh what fun. LOL
    engtaz

• Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    engtaz wrote: »
    It's always fun to be under a car doing a oil change or dropping a tranny then it rains and and the fluids run down your back and hair. Oh what fun. LOL

I've been there man...."Oh, it looks like a nice day, lets do it outside...."

So about half way through the sky opens and I spend two hours getting pissed on....Oh, the joys of home collision repair.....
  • exalted512
    edited July 2007
    Well...its Sunday again...and yet more rain :(
    -Cody
  • duksbak
    duksbak Posts: 134
    edited July 2007
    I live in TX as well, and yes we have been getting a fair amount of rain this season. I can't remember when we had this much rain!

Sorry its raining on your day off though, bummer ><
    Television: Mitsubishi WD-57732
    Front R/L: Polkaudio RTiA7
    Center: Polkaudio CSiA4
    Rear R/L: Polkaudio FXiA4
    Subwoofer: Polkaudio DSW600
    A/V Reciever: Denon 2808
    DVD/SACD: Sony Playstation 3
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited July 2007
    Send some of that rain to Georgia. Virtually none this year so far. All of the peaches are drying up.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited July 2007
    Man the weather here has been all kinds of screwy.....I think we are catching the runoff from all of the storms west/south of here...It's happy and sunny, then out of the blue the sky goes dark and it starts pouring....
  • treitz3
    edited July 2007
    Don't send those storms my way. I already lost one amp from lightning. I am currently farting in that general direction to keep the storms away, but mother nature is winning, damnit. Need to eat more chili.

Sorry to hear of her ruining your plans Cody. That's gotta bite. Look at it from my perspective, at least you have rain and sound. Feel better?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited July 2007
    I think they said that the weather will be about the same in Texas for July meaning cooler temperatures and continuing rain. It really doesn't bother me except when I need a couple of hours to mow the yard! It's nice not having to water the yard and make the water bill go up! The bad side is all the flooding that keeps going on around the area. Some are having it tough. For that reason, I wouldn't mind it slowing down some.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • exalted512
    edited July 2007
    Yea, a lot of people are experiencing flooding, so it could be worse...Burnet got 18" of rain overnight and Lake Travis...pretty big lake...filled up 5' in one night...then drainoff in that lake made it go up even more a few days later.
    -Cody
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited July 2007
    -Cody
    Move to Arizona, it hasn't rained in 6 months.:eek: No really!
  • engtaz
    edited July 2007
    exalted512,
    You need to rent your self out as a rain maker to the states with droughts. LOL
    Maybe next day off you will have sunshine.
    engtaz

• exalted512
    edited July 2007
    Another Sunday...another day of rain...It doesnt rain all week except for yesterday and today...WOW
    -Cody
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited July 2007
    Another Sunday...another day of rain...It doesnt rain all week except for yesterday and today...WOW
    -Cody

you need new days off... take Tues and Wed off next week instead. i bet it doens't rain on those days. :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • exalted512
    edited July 2007
    We had July 4th off...it rained...
    -Cody
  • treitz3
    edited July 2007
    Don't move to Seattle! BTW raining here too. Yet another electrical storm flying overhead.
  • exalted512
    edited July 2007
    Its been great out for the last few hours. About 85, little humid but not much more than normal, and overcast with a breeze. Cant ask for much better besides wishing it was like this all day!
    -Cody
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited July 2007
    We had a very wet spring and I had to mow my lawn every three or four days, but now it's very dry and the ground is hard and cracked. We need some rain!
  • treitz3
    edited July 2007
    So, what are you waiting for? Go out and enjoy it!

Come on.....get off the computer and enjoy it.:D
  • treitz3
    edited July 2007
    Oooops, my last post was directed at Cody.
  • bobman1235
    edited July 2007
    Or just suck it up and start frolicking in the rain. :D
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited July 2007
    Always remember: When life hands you lemons,

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bkEvy-9yVyQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bkEvy-9yVyQ&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

you take those lemons and, with the judicious use of magnesium flakes, put those lemons in the neighbors trash cans (carefully, after dark).
    Later, when his trash cans light up light a Christmas tree, you'll feel much better watching the pretty red fire trucks and the nice firemen.

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited July 2007
    DISCLAIMER: The previous post was not meant to endorse the use of incindiary devices in "settling of scores" with neighbors, nor is it a precise formulation for the construction of said device.

.....so don't call Homeland Security on me.

:)
    Sal Palooza