FS: Taylo Reference Monitors

Options
Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited June 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
That's right -- I'm selling the best bookshelf speakers I've ever heard. It's a shame to use such fantastic speakers as the center channel in my HT system. I realized that eventually I'd have to let them go to a better home, so the time has come.

I have listed them on the 'gon for $925 plus shipping here: http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrmoni&1187804109

The price is $895 plus shipping in lower 48 for Polkies.
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,102
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Say it isnt so Brad?

W-T-F man... ;)

Solid speakers..

I'm still thinking HARD on upgrading to the super towers... jeeeez
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mulveling
    mulveling Posts: 505
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Those look very very familiar...and they're easily the best bookshelf speaks I've heard too.
    YGPM ;)
    Tannoy Dimension TD10, SOTA Star Sapphire, Heathkit W4A's, McIntosh MC2100, Eddie-Current Zana Deux, Singlepower SDS, Sennheiser HD650, Audio-Technica L3000, Sony Qualia 010
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,005
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Moving up to some AAD's? Good luck with the sale. Fantastic speakers at a great price. You're gonna make someone real happy!!!! I agree...too good to use as centers.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Early B.
    edited June 2007
    Options
    **sold**
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• Early B.
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Say it isnt so Brad?

W-T-F man... ;)

Don't worry, Sid. They'll be replaced by a 50 lb. VMPS center channel to more closely match my fronts.:D

Besides, the Taylos were sold to a great Polkie who will give them the freedom and power to excel. I was powering them with an AV receiver -- uugghhh!:(

• VR3
    edited June 2007
    Options
    You getting the LCR?

I like my Larger sub - but Brian is proving to be a pain to work with.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Early B.
    edited June 2007
    Options
    You getting the LCR?

Yep. Spiral ribbon tweeter, ribbon mids, and, of course, the megawoofers. It's suppose to go to 35 Hz, so I'll run it on LARGE.

• VR3
    edited June 2007
    Options
    ordering from John or Brian?
  • Early B.
    edited June 2007
    Options
    ordering from John or Brian?

John.
    You'd like him, Sid. He uses four VMPS subwoofers!!:eek: :D :eek:

• VR3
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Yeah...

I shot him an email regarding certain things with the Larger ----

I am seriously just sick of dealing with Brian...

And in reality, I am sure Brian is very sick of dealing with me. Hence the incompetence of his customer service.

HOWEVER, alot of this BS would not have taken place had Brian been upfront and said that the Larger had the available 15" and PR upgrade and so forth. I'll put any* subwoofer through its paces... I could put a SVS Ultra through its paces in a bathroom...

I am one demanding SOB for HT reproduction...

Let me know what you think of the LCR ---

I want a pair, but not through Brian. Maybe John. Let me know your findings on reproduction and BQ.
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Then why not build your own?
    Yeah...

I shot him an email regarding certain things with the Larger ----

I am seriously just sick of dealing with Brian...

And in reality, I am sure Brian is very sick of dealing with me. Hence the incompetence of his customer service.

HOWEVER, alot of this BS would not have taken place had Brian been upfront and said that the Larger had the available 15" and PR upgrade and so forth. I'll put any* subwoofer through its paces... I could put a SVS Ultra through its paces in a bathroom...

I am one demanding SOB for HT reproduction...

Let me know what you think of the LCR ---

I want a pair, but not through Brian. Maybe John. Let me know your findings on reproduction and BQ.