Anyone else ATV?

Polkitup2
Polkitup2 Posts: 1,621
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
At age 40+ I bought an ATV and I must say that I enjoy ATVing as much as I enjoy audio. Here in Minnesota we have a growing trail system and Wisconsin also has a great trail system. I usually ride in the Danbury Wisconin area but will be going on vacation the 4th of July week and heading to Gilbert, Minnesota (Iron range) to check out the 1200+ acre ATV park they have there. Any other ATVers out there?
Post edited by Polkitup2 on

Comments

• Bamadude
    Bamadude Posts: 245
    edited June 2007
    I'm 32 and been riding on and off my whole life... absolutely love it. grew up on utility four wheelers and now ride sport. i live in mobile, al and there's getting to be fewer and fewer places around here to ride, very frustrating. some of my pals and i are talking about going out to Glamis, CA to ride the dunes this February. that would be a once in a lifetime thing. here's a couple of pics.
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-84TXSi (RIP - lightening) / Amp: Sunfire Cinema Grand / Klipsh R-10B Sounbar, LC65fx / Sub: Elemental Designs LT/1300 / TV: Panasonic TH-50PH9UK /SIZE]
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited June 2007
    In my youth, dirt bikes and ATV's were one of my hobbies. I sold them when I switched to sportbikes.

My little brother has three of them though, so I still ride occasionally.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited June 2007
    I have a Yamaha Grizz 660 and a Yamaha TTR-225 trail bike, along with a Yamaha Grizz 80 and TTR-90 that my 10 & 11 yr old daughters switch off on. We've got about 4000 acres at the farm in IA to ride around on. As my job is in northern IL, we are planning on exploring some of the southern WI ATV trails and some horseback riding for a few days this summer.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • MattN03
    MattN03 Posts: 558
    edited June 2007
    I have a 05 Honda 400EX that I enjoy trail riding.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited June 2007
    I used to, but I broke my back, and neck in 5 spots + 5 herniated disks. I don't ride anymore:( Now I build speakers:) I still miss riding. Nothing like flying through the air, or ripping through the gears, or blasting a roost through a nice sand bowl. My nicknames were Crash, and Hamburg. In school I was voted most likely to be dead. I will be 37 this week:eek:

BTW 2 strokes truck 4 strokes suck:D
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2007
    I take it you had a Banshee.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Bamadude
    Bamadude Posts: 245
    edited June 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    I used to, but I broke my back, and neck in 5 spots + 5 herniated disks. I don't ride anymore:( Now I build speakers:) I still miss riding. Nothing like flying through the air, or ripping through the gears, or blasting a roost through a nice sand bowl. My nicknames were Crash, and Hamburg. In school I was voted most likely to be dead. I will be 37 this week:eek:

BTW 2 strokes truck 4 strokes suck:D

whoa man that's rough. i hope your recovery went well. i took a spill a couple of years ago that made me think long and hard about my riding habits. was racing a friend through the woods when we bumped going around a corner and i hit a tree head on. head on... apply tree directly to the forehead :rolleyes: sorry that was lame. anyway i feel VERY fortunate to have ended up with only a bent frame and fractured tail bone.

BTW, i've smoked some two stokes on my raptor :p but got smoked myself in Louisiana last year by one. i guess it's like audio, there's always someone taking it a little further than you :)

@MattN03, i still love riding my friends 400EX. it's so well balanced and still a great overall machine.
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-84TXSi (RIP - lightening) / Amp: Sunfire Cinema Grand / Klipsh R-10B Sounbar, LC65fx / Sub: Elemental Designs LT/1300 / TV: Panasonic TH-50PH9UK /SIZE]
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited June 2007
    I had a CR125. My buddies had Banshee's(they are a blast), 400EX, QuadZilla, just way to many to remember. I was a little heavy for a 125. At the time I was 185Lbs. I got into street bikes. I just sold my FZR100. I did 165 on that one. I could keep the front wheel off the ground till 130, but now I have kids. I broke a lot of other bones, and cut 5 tendons in my right hand(master). I am drinking Monavie now, the arthritis, and disk problems are way less sensitive. I can play with my kids now:) . Move my Speakers by myself if I have to:). I just can't sleep at night. No matter what you can't get comfortable with that many injuries. Things are cool now. I am glad that stuff happened. I would have never believed in God if I didn't sink as low as I did after the accident. I got hooked on pain pills, and then it went downhill from there. I should have been dead many many times. I have been through a lot. God has definitely showed his mercies with me.

Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    And your kids remind you of your blessing every day, don't they?
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited June 2007
    The ATV and motorcycle riders without the helmets and other safety gear are the ones that haven't crashed yet :eek:

17 yrs old, brand new Kawasaki 900 (1976), WFO in 4th out of a left hand sweeper, chain breaks and takes out the spokes on the rear wheel. Helmet wore through the shell into the padding, and a set of leathers ruined (along with my underwear :o ), but I walked away (actually limped away).
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC