What the hell is this supposed to be?

hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?accstwek&1187704885

I don't know about this company, "Machina Dynamica" it seems they are purveyors of the ridiculous.

Pretty soon they will be selling Star Trek teleporters.
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    I don't know, but I'm putting on my foil hat now.......:D
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited June 2007
    This is the same company that has magic pebbles in a jar, the clever little clock and my favorite the intelligent chip which improves cd playback just by being near a cd. This last stunt is even better because there is no physical product, you just pay them money and they call you with some weird noises that improve your system.

Company must be making money though as just on Agon he has a feedback rating of 1449.

Jared
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    How about the outlet plates that improve the sound of you rig????
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited June 2007
    Sometimes I cruise parts of the 'gon as if it is a comic strip. Anybody catch the 60 some odd dollar "wallplate" that reduces resonance?

Whatever. For 60 smackers, you can call me and I'll perform the very same tweak that this cat, or company is doing. The actual secret is.........awe, I can't let the cat out of the bag.:rolleyes:
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    edited June 2007
    I guess you have! Too funny!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2007
    Some people will buy anything; you see how easy it is to make tons of money??

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    HTrookie wrote: »

Yeah but they give tweakers a bad name as if we are a bunch of crack pots. . . although some here will agree with that.:eek: :D
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2007
    http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?accstwek&1187704885

I don't know about this company, "Machina Dynamica" it seems they are purveyors of the ridiculous.

Pretty soon they will be selling Star Trek teleporters.
    OMG this is just ....ooops better not call them foolish someone might scold me as I have not tried them myself.:D
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    That was inevitable.:p
  • BrentMcGhee
    BrentMcGhee Posts: 548
    edited June 2007
    ?????????????

That is all i gotta say about that
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2007
    have you ever done an A/B with that teleportation thingie? Until you do it, you cannot say it doesn't make a difference.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • treitz3
    edited June 2007
    An A/B to what?
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited June 2007

Wait till I invent "Audio Air." It's a spray can that when discharged into the room, the acoustical properties of your speakers will be "magically" changed.

THAT will make tons of money :)
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    appadv wrote: »
    Wait till I invent "Audio Air." It's a spray can that when discharged into the room, the acoustical properties of your speakers will be "magically" changed.

. . .the air coming out of my spray can will sound like the true tone of whatever instrument you speakers are reproducing!!!!
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    my "air" usually sounds kinda like a muted trumpet. I will sell my "air" if anyones shows an interest. Just say your a Club Polk member and I'll give you a discount.

....now where did I put that can of beans????
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited June 2007
    have you ever done an A/B with that teleportation thingie? Until you do it, you cannot say it doesn't make a difference.

Just make sure that you only do an AB test and not a blind AB test because in the audiophile world, the ABX test is magically invalid.

If you can't hear the difference the Teleportation Tweak makes, then either your gear is too cheap or your hearing sucks.

:D
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited June 2007
    my "air" usually sounds kinda like a muted trumpet. I will sell my "air" if anyones shows an interest. Just say your a Club Polk member and I'll give you a discount.

I had the same thought, but then realized the ATF would come knocking on my door with a warrant for transporting WMD! :D
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited June 2007
    This ad is for Machina Dynamica's Teleportation Tweak, the new (as yet unannounced) product from Machina Dynamica.

How can it be "unannounced", when it is listed for sale? And it's also on the website:
    http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina60.htm

He even has some possitive reviews already. I can't think of anything more "anti-HiFi" than the crap Geoff peddles.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited June 2007
    Pt Barnum was right.

This has to be the best, even better than the outlet covers. You call them and give them a credit card #, they hit a few buttons on the phone. No product to ship, and no expense other than a call center guy that LHAO every time someone orders this product.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited June 2007
    F that, they don't even need a call center guy they should be able to do it automated. You could punch in the CC and expiration date and they could have a prerecorded whatever it is play once the cc info goes through.

As for the air comment...someone already makes this. It is some kinda air ionizer that allows music to flow freely, can't remember where I saw it but it is out there.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited June 2007
    I don't know, but I'm putting on my foil hat now.......:D

Why it even improves your video device signals. Do you think it can cause cancer, tumors, or sterilization:confused:
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • treitz3
    edited June 2007
    For Sale:

I've got a used Teleportation tweak that I would like to sell. Original cost was 60 USD. It made SO much of an outstanding improvement on my rig, I feel compelled to offer this highly sought after tweak to another deserving audiophile seeking the ultimate in audio improvements at the incredible discounted rate of 45 USD*. This tweak comes highly recommended by two notable members of the audio industry.

Thank you for you interest in this exceptional product!

*(Local and long distance charges additional. Quantities are limited until rewind is complete. )
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited June 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    For Sale:

I've got a used Teleportation tweak that I would like to sell. Original cost was 60 USD. It made SO much of an outstanding improvement on my rig, I feel compelled to offer this highly sought after tweak to another deserving audiophile seeking the ultimate in audio improvements at the incredible discounted rate of 45 USD*. This tweak comes highly recommended by two notable members of the audio industry.

Thank you for you interest in this exceptional product!

*(Local and long distance charges additional. Quantities are limited until rewind is complete. )

PM sent
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    PM sent

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited June 2007
    appadv wrote: »

Sorry appdv, Patent Pending!

I'm working on getting a souped up air conditioner that removes positive charged electrons out of the air thereby reducing negative turbulence that causes sound to positively hit your ears at a frequency range of 5-100khz + 3,- 5 electrons. It uses the sample principle as polk's sda technology with the benefit of not using a pin/blade cable between both ac units!

Just on the polk community alone i stand to make a killing.
    Mathew polk placed the first order for his srt system.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited June 2007
    I lust came into a wholesale lot of skyhooks for those souped up A/c units. Should reduce noise and vibration transmission. Really, who wants all that unneccesary sub-harm noise boogering up your sound? Just suspend them any where in the room and TAAA-DAAA!! You get the ultimate "tweak".
    Let me know if you want them. Selling on the cheap.:D
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited June 2007
    Amusing article dealing with the Brilliant Pebbles they also sell: http://www.soundstage.com/audiohell/audiohell200306.htm
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • hearingimpared
    edited July 2007
    Refefer wrote: »
    Amusing article dealing with the Brilliant Pebbles they also sell: http://www.soundstage.com/audiohell/audiohell200306.htm

I read this before. Sure place a 28 ounce can of tomatos on top of your power amps transformer and something is going to happen, it may not be good but it will happen.:rolleyes: