New chapter in my life...

MrNightly
MrNightly Posts: 3,370
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Today marks the end of a three month turbulent job offer!

I started to post all this, and it is just way too long and convoluted to make sense so here’s the gist of it:

This morning, I accepted a position as Project Manager (Construction industry – commercial flooring to be exact) within a young vibrant company. They are teamed up with Scott Rice and Color Arts out of St. Louis, MO. The flooring company has only been around for 7 years, and sold out to Color Arts 3 years ago, for increased buying power and unionization of their installers… overall, a brilliant business decision. So, I am getting in on the ground level, of what appears to be a company about to blossom into greatness! I was offered 15% more money as a base salary than my current job offers, with quite unlimited bonus potential! They ultimately have the goals of me moving in to a lead Sales role within 18-24months, (Their three sales people are ROLLING in the cash… unbelievable) with possible executive management position as the company grows down the road.

I gave my two weeks notice today to my current employer and am just so ecstatic to begin my new adventure. This is really a huge career move for me, and one that for such a young guy, I am extremely impressed I landed! I was able to interview one on one with the entire staff and drill them with my questions during my interview phase… every single one of them stated they loved the company and boss (Jim – he founded the company before selling to Color Arts) and after 7 years, only have had one employee leave. That’s an astounding turnover rate, and extremely hard to find in this day and age. I couldn’t be happier with the new opportunity. This job was referred to me by word of mouth from one of their customers (A VP of a bank that I just so happen to be friends with… :cool: ) and he had nothing but great things to say about Jim as an owner as well.

The only down part I could find with this company is their insurance is quite a bit higher for Family rates, than my old one… and by quite a bit I mean $175-$200 dollars a month higher. Of course, the upside is, I will be making a little more money to help offset it, but still… that was the only negative I could find with them.

So, in two weeks, I start a new chapter in my journey through life… one that I am hoping will be a long and fruitful one. I truly am blessed, and for that, I am grateful.

My wife and I are going out tonight for drinks to celebrate… and then I heard something about “**** her like a monkey…” whatever that means… hehehe I guess only time will tell :D

Cheers!!!
Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
Stuff...

RTi12's - front
CSi5 - center
FXi3's - surrounds
RTi4's - surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
Denon 3805
Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

Post edited by MrNightly on

Comments

• pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited June 2007
    Good for you!!! Congrats & best of luck on your new endeavor. I'm sure it will pay off big time. Go on out & celebrate...you deserve it. Nothing like adding another chapter to your life's book. I'm pretty much doing the same exact thing, closing one chapter & starting on a new one. Another story for another day.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    Congrats amigo!!
    btw Did you tell her you wanted to schmuck her all night long?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • MrNightly
    edited June 2007
    Congrats amigo!!
    btw Did you tell her you wanted to schmuck her all night long?

Ah the good ole all night long schmucking... works everytime for me!

Good idea... but I'm way ahead of ya mister... ;)
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    Congrats man! Hope everything works out well. I might be posting a similer thread soon myself.
  • MrNightly
    edited June 2007
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Congrats man! Hope everything works out well. I might be posting a similer thread soon myself.

Awesome man... just awesome!
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited June 2007
    Congrats..........I'm still stuck here in idiotville.....otherwise I'd come join the fun.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited June 2007
    Congratulations & good luck!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited June 2007
    Congrats!!! By the way, how do monkeys do it? We're gonna need pics, man!:D
  • MrNightly
    edited June 2007
    Congrats..........I'm still stuck here in idiotville.....otherwise I'd come join the fun.

Just never give up hope... that's what I did... I just never gave up hope...

I'm pending a for sale thread of my House in Schmuckville, but not sure if there would be any interest yet... time will tell.
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited June 2007
    I hear schmuckville is a great place to live......too bad I can't afford to live here in idiotville......back to a cardboard box soon.....
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    Congrats, hope all works out well.
    ......back to a cardboard box soon.....

I hear that, I'm still not working. Jobs up here are as plentiful as ocean front property in the middle of the desert.
  • MrNightly
    edited June 2007
    Congrats, hope all works out well.
    insert sinister laugh....

NO, I will not tell you the address of the new job...do not even ask!!!

I hear that, I'm still not working. Jobs up here are as plentiful as ocean front property in the middle of the desert.

Nothing to see around these parts mister, keep driving please... no. That way. No... not over here... WTF mate?! Just leave me alone already!!!
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    sorry for the post, I will stay far away. You don't have to worry about me posting after you anymore if it bothers you that bad.

later
  • MrNightly
    edited June 2007
    EVERYBODY Look... there's a dude!! No, right there... Above me... er... never mind.

This is awkward... ;)
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805