PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited June 2007
    That can't possibly be right, can it???

Might be funny, but I sure don't see that lasting long.
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited June 2007
    Well Barker has alway been an animal lover who chases beautiful women....His support for Rosie indicates he's giving up beautiful women and sticking with the dogs.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited June 2007
    shes a bag of crap
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited June 2007
    Well Barker has alway been an animal lover who chases beautiful women....His support for Rosie indicates he's giving up beautiful women and sticking with the dogs.

That's sig worthy :P
  • JimBRICK
    edited June 2007
    Sources indicated that Mark Steines, George Hamilton and Mario Lopez have emerged as top contenders, with Steines, co-host of "Entertainment Tonight," getting the strongest buzz at the moment.

quote from the hollywood grapevine
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    THIS is going to be hosting another TV show? ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

TerroristCapturedATT00034.jpg
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited June 2007
    Awe, come on. You wouldn't hit that?:D
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    That show won't last long because she'll be yaking about her twisted politics instead of hosting the game.
  • shack
    edited June 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »

I wouldn't hit that with YOURS! :eek:

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited June 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »

Maybe with a bat or a truck....She would f^%k up my Jetta....:D
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited June 2007
    shack wrote: »
    I wouldn't hit that with YOURS!
    Thanks Shack. Much appreciated!;)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited June 2007
    In the words of George Carlin...."I wouldn't f$%k that with a stolen d*@k"
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited June 2007
    In the words of George Carlin...."I wouldn't f$%k that with a stolen d*@k"
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • JimBRICK
    edited June 2007
    THIS is going to be hosting another TV show? ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

TerroristCapturedATT00034.jpg

OMFG HHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    I wonder if she's seen this picture? I wonder if she did see it if she would realize that this is how some (a lot) people view her. She probably wouldn't give two ****.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited June 2007
    The sad thing is, long ago, Rosie used to be kinda funny. She had an irreverent sense of humor, and wasn't afraid to say things. Then she became this political mess who seems to just say outrageous ridiculous things to get attention for herself. It's a shame.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    The sad thing is, long ago, Rosie used to be kinda funny. She had an irreverent sense of humor, and wasn't afraid to say things.

I remember those years and back then I really enjoyed her. Now she disgusts me.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    Didn't she host Comedy Spotlight on VH1 back in the early 90's. I believe it was that channel's answer to MTV's Half-hour Comedy Hour hosted by Mario .....(?).
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited June 2007
    Didn't she host Comedy Spotlight on VH1 back in the early 90's. I believe it was that channel's answer to MTV's Half-hour Comedy Hour hosted by Mario .....(?).

.....Joyner?
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2007
    LOS ANGELES (AP) - It may have sounded like an endorsement, but Bob Barker's recent remarks about Rosie O'Donnell weren't meant that way. "The Price Is Right" host, who retired this month after 35 years with the show, told reporters last week at the Daytime Emmy Awards that he had "no doubt" that O'Donnell would make a fine host for the CBS game show.

But Barker told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he never meant to endorse any potential host and has no role in choosing his replacement.

"I have not been asked for my opinion, nor have I expressed one," Barker said. "I think there are several candidates who could do the show, and Rosie is certainly one of them."

CBS and FremantleMedia North America, which produces "The Price Is Right," have yet to announce Barker's successor. Among those reportedly in the running, besides O'Donnell, are Todd Newton of the E! network, Mark Steines of "Entertainment Tonight," George Hamilton and John O'Hurley. O'Donnell said on her blog that she plans to meet with the "Price" representatives this week and that she "sure would" accept the job if offered.

CBS and FremantleMedia had no comment Wednesday. "The Price Is Right" is on hiatus until the new season starts in the fall.

After winning his 19th Daytime Emmy, Barker was asked about the possibility of O'Donnell taking his place on "Price." The silver-haired matinee idol has known O'Donnell since the days of her afternoon talk show, where Barker was a frequent guest.

"She told me at that time that she liked 'The Price Is Right' and some day wanted to host it," said Barker, 83. "I thought she could do the show. She's a very talented lady and I thought she could do most any show."

So when asked after the Emmys about her qualifications, he responded, "She knows the show. There's no doubt in my mind she could do the show."

But Barker stressed Wednesday that he never meant to imply she was his top pick to replace him. It would be "terribly presumptuous," he added, to assume he would have any impact on the host selection.

"I haven't even seen all the tapes of the candidates," he said.

Barker wrapped up his 50-year reign on television earlier this month. So far he has spent his time swimming, exercising and walking his dog, Jessie.

"I think I'm going to make a success of retirement," he said.
  • shack
    edited June 2007
    The guy is definitely a pro. He can back-peddle and spin at the same time. :rolleyes:

• venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited June 2007
    Barkers official response to Rosie should have been the same line he used in Happy Gilmore "You should be working at the snack bar"
    V
  • auto_pilot
    auto_pilot Posts: 256
    edited June 2007
    Dumbest move ever...I don't find her appealing in any way whatsoever...I think she is too political and it will carry over to the game.

The cool thing with BB was that he fascilitated the show nicely, and came across very likeable on screen. Rosie is too controversial IMO.

Kinda like when MNF had Rush Limbaugh as a color commentator.
    Cambridge Audio AZUR 640R
    KEF IQ2C Center, Fronts KEF IQ1 , Rears KEF Ci302Q
    Sub Outlaw LFM2
    Panasonic Plasma 1080i (50u)
    Sony DVP-NS70H (DVD)
    Belkin Pure Audio PF31 Line Conditioner
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2007
    NEW YORK (AP) - Rosie O'Donnell says she's out of the running to replace Bob Barker as host of "The Price Is Right." O'Donnell, a superfan of the CBS game show, said on her blog Friday that she had a "nice lunch" with the show's producers.

Barker, 83, retired earlier this month after 35 years with the show, which is filmed in Los Angeles.

Although O'Donnell has said she would love to fill Barker's shoes, the 45-year-old comedian has changed her mind.

"Well, here's the thing: I don't really need a job," O'Donnell says in a video posted Sunday on her Web site. "I'm in a weird position. I don't need the money."

"So to get my entire family uprooted from their lives and move them across the country so that I can have a fantasy childhood indulgence, you know, job ... it just doesn't seem fair."

O'Donnell lives in Nyack, N.Y., near New York City, with her partner, Kelli, and their four children. She recently left ABC's "The View" after a heated on-air squabble with co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

"You know, if they were able to do it in New York, it would be a different story," O'Donnell says. "But it looks like it's - ain't gonna happen."

Barker told reporters at the Daytime Emmy Awards he had "no doubt" that O'Donnell would make a fine host for the show.

But Barker told The Associated Press last week he never meant to endorse any potential host and has no role in choosing his replacement.

"The Price Is Right" is on hiatus until the new season starts in the fall.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited June 2007
  • bobman1235
    edited June 2007
    Like it really matters anyway - no one will watch Price is Right without Bob Barker.
  • chopstik
    chopstik Posts: 41
    edited July 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Like it really matters anyway - no one will watch Price is Right without Bob Barker.

thank god she's not the host....she's terrible
  • bobman1235
    edited July 2007
    And the new host of the Price is Right is...

< drum roll >

Drew Carey.

Not a bad choice, if you ask me.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2007
    nice!!! Drew's good!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • JimBRICK