Sony STR-SL7 receiver filtered?

Is the sub output filtered on this receiver?
Post edited by ridged84 on

Comments

• Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited September 2002
    If you can electronically adjust the speaker size and turn your sub on and off, you are capable of bass management (and filtering) at the receiver.

Doc

PS Welcome to the forum.
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • ridged84
    ridged84 Posts: 6
    edited September 2002
    Thanks Dr. Spec .But im new to all this stuff and im still confused. Im using the STR-SL7 receiver with the bose acoustimass-7 speakers.I also have a polk psw350 sub.Should i just use the 350 and get rid of the bose sub?When i used the system with my old receiver the bose sub rocked.Now i just about here it with the new system.
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited September 2002
    Don't know enough about your gear to give any more advice. This may sound crass, but it's not intended that way - read the owner's manuals very carefully with respect to speaker set-up and bass management and get back to us.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • jmasterj
    jmasterj Posts: 327
    edited September 2002
    Wow,

I think we must be growing up, Here at POLK JR. HIGH, to think
    he said the "S" word, and the "B" word , and we haven't had a
    nasty comment yet. Guy's I'm proud of you. Could it be we're
    learning to live and let live ? Unbelievable !!!
    JmasterJ Polk to the Death
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited September 2002
    Bose.....Sony.....

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited September 2002
    Bose.....Sony.....
    What a team!:eek:
  • v_c@yahoo.com
    v_c@yahoo.com Posts: 1
    edited January 2003
    Hello,

I have an AM7 hooked up with the PSW350. Plug the PSW350 into the STR-SL7 Subwoofer pre-amp output.

The AM7 has no subwoofer. It has a base module. Only the powered base module's have subwoofers (or at least they sound better). If you're pointing the AM7 bass module port toward a wall, you're getting decent bass. If you add the PSW350, you get the addition of the 'room shaking' effect.

I'm using the LFE output because I'm going to believe that my Yamaha receiver knows what to output. And wiring is simpler.

If you remove the bass module, you'll probably lose all your bass and just get extemes of voice and thunder.

Hope this helps - VC

Originally posted by ridged84
    Thanks Dr. Spec .But im new to all this stuff and im still confused. Im using the STR-SL7 receiver with the bose acoustimass-7 speakers.I also have a polk psw350 sub.Should i just use the 350 and get rid of the bose sub?When i used the system with my old receiver the bose sub rocked.Now i just about here it with the new system.