Now I remember why I like this hobby!

MSALLA
MSALLA Posts: 1,602
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Last night my wife and I were home together (very rare) and she put on one of the new cd's the kids bought me for fathers day.
It was new music, incubus. I like alot of different newer music but rely on the wife and kids for who sings what.
Anyway, she put the cd in and we just curled up on the sofa like kids and talked and listened and I was relaxed and happy for the night.

Now back to 16 hour work days.
Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
Yamaha RX-V2500
(2) Outlaw 200
Adcom GFA 555
Sony BDP300
Denon 2900 DVD
Lsi9's mains
Lsi7's rear
Lsic center
12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
Harmony 880
Post edited by MSALLA on

Comments

• cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited June 2007
    Relaxing to Incubus? That's a new one. :)
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited June 2007
    Why not? You can rock out to a band and still relax. Especially if you had a bad day. Putting on some angry music and a good session of air guitar can be very relaxing (and exhausting)!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited June 2007
    Was it their latest CD (Light Grenades, IIRC)? I think I have all their other ones, but haven't hardly heard this last one.

Once upon a time, there were one of my favorite bands. Not sure when I stopped following them. . .
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • MSALLA
    edited June 2007
    AndyGwis wrote: »
    Was it their latest CD (Light Grenades, IIRC)? I think I have all their other ones, but haven't hardly heard this last one.

Once upon a time, there were one of my favorite bands. Not sure when I stopped following them. . .

Ya, it was Light grenades.
    Anytime I get to sit down in my own home with none of my little treasures climbing on me it's relaxing. I like working and I really love my kids but some down time is very nice when it happens. And if the wife is with me it borders on magical. ( don't tell her I said that )
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited June 2007
    We won't, but you should tell her yourself! It would make her EXTREMELY happy! Talk about scoring big points! It might come in handy the next time you tell her about an upgrade to the rig you want to do!:D

MSALLA wrote: »
    ...And if the wife is with me it borders on magical. ( don't tell her I said that )
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • MSALLA
    edited June 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    We won't, but you should tell her yourself! It would make her EXTREMELY happy! Talk about scoring big points! It might come in handy the next time you tell her about an upgrade to the rig you want to do!:D

So your saying I should put that in my pocket and save it for WAF damage control after upgrades.:D
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2007
    So your saying I should put that in my pocket and save it for WAF damage control after upgrades.:D

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    Last night my wife and I were home together (very rare) and she put on one of the new cd's the kids bought me for fathers day.
    It was new music, incubus. I like alot of different newer music but rely on the wife and kids for who sings what.
    Anyway, she put the cd in and we just curled up on the sofa like kids and talked and listened and I was relaxed and happy for the night.

Now back to 16 hour work days.

Great stuff Mike! My wife and I did the same last night except we listened to more tame music like Steely Dan, The Beatles and The Doobies all on LP. We were both sitting there with big Cheshire Cat grins.

BTW Cathy always offers excellant advise when it comes to the woman's point of view when dealing with matters of the heart.
  • cfrizz
    edited June 2007
    :rolleyes: Men!:rolleyes:

No you don't have to put it in your back pocket & hold it. Tell her NOW! She will retain the wonderful compliment, so the next time you do an upgrade, (within reason) there will be little to no WAF damage control to do!

GOT IT???!:rolleyes: :p:D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    :She will retain the wonderful compliment, so the next time you do an upgrade, (within reason) there will be little to no WAF damage control to do!

Good advice.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • MSALLA
    edited June 2007
    :rolleyes: Men!:rolleyes:

No you don't have to put it in your back pocket & hold it. Tell her NOW! She will retain the wonderful compliment, so the next time you do an upgrade, (within reason) there will be little to no WAF damage control to do!

GOT IT???!:rolleyes: :p:D

That was just a joke (see the smiley face;) ). I'm a softy in the house and my wife and my 4 girls have me wraped around thier fingers. To tell you the truth, if I just said that so I wouldn't get a hard time for the next upgrade, the statement would not mean much. I don't get too much heat for upgrades. She has her hobby too. It's called clothes shopping. She has to store them by season because she can only fit one season at a time in the 2 closets she has.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • cfrizz
    edited June 2007
    :D WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Sounds like a match made in heaven!:D
    That was just a joke (see the smiley face;) ). I'm a softy in the house and my wife and my 4 girls have me wraped around thier fingers. To tell you the truth, if I just said that so I wouldn't get a hard time for the next upgrade, the statement would not mean much. I don't get too much heat for upgrades. She has her hobby too. It's called clothes shopping. She has to store them by season because she can only fit one season at a time in the 2 closets she has.