The grill is still hot

edbert
edbert Posts: 1,041
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Nothin like some beef and chicken fajitas, grilled veggies, fresh guac and fresh tortillas for dinner. The grill is probably still hot because the charcoal and wood are burning nice and slow tonight.

Just out of curiousity. Which method of grilling do you prefer? Charcoal or gas? And if charcoal variety, do you use just charcoal, charcoal/wood mix, or just wood?

Mine is a strictly charcoal grill(no gas option like some newer grills today) in which I usually do a combination of Kingsford along with chunks of mesquite wood. For the meat side I do a nice even layer of charcoal and wood mix so that the meat cooks evenly while on the veggies side there is only a thin strip at the back of the grill about 2 briquets thick of a wood and charcoal mix and then I rotate the veggies so that they get a little direct heat but mostly cook just from the heat in the grill itself.

The steak and chicken are done resting in the oven so it's time to slice it up and eat! See ya tomorrow boys and girls!
I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
Monitor 30's - surrounds
CS1 - center
PSW10 - I'll let you guess
Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
Sony Progressive scan DVD
XBOX

SOPA since 2008
Here's my stuff.
Post edited by edbert on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited June 2007
    Wood. Open flame.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited June 2007
    I hate you!!!:mad: ;):p:D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2007
    Gas. Better heat control (for me), and less toxic (as much as I grill).

That being said, I'll GLADLY plate up at your abode ANYTIME.

I see the gas/coal debate kind of like tubes / solid state - at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter as long as we've got a rig to hunker down with and fellowship around.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited June 2007
    Yes sir.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited June 2007
    Dont care, just ring the bell and I will be there, looks good.

RT1
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited June 2007
    Gas because it's just easier and quicker, but when it comes down to it I prefer a good campfire over anything.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2007
    gas when i'm in a hurry.. and charcoal on some weekends when i have time to kill. my grill can do both gas or charcoal.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited June 2007
    Man that looks good!
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    WYF is a grill. I've been stuck in this apartment for almost 3 years, and they don't a low grills. GGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited June 2007
    It was good! And I have leftovers! Russman, you aren't but 5-10 minutes away, it was good eatin'.

Our apartment didn't allow grills within ten feet of the building, but people used to grill on their balconies all the time. I just had a little Smokey Joe and made sure to keep the fire low and always had plenty of water and/or a bag of sand close outside with me in case it for whatever reason would get out of control.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.