Mad Props to a Polkie!

Frank Z
Frank Z Posts: 5,860
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
I need to throw out a huge THANK YOU to Dennis Gardner and his family. I contacted Dennis a few weeks back to get his opinion on a Trumpet that i was considering for my son, he's starting High School this year and is due for a new horn. Not only did Dennis take a look at the trumpet via the WWW and give us his thoughts but he also suggested a few others. Then he tossed a new trumpet in the back of his truck and stopped in at my place while he was on vacation with his family. He let my son tryout the horn over the weekend with no strings attached. How cool is that!?!

I should also thank his family for indulging me a bit too. Can't let someone into the house without the grand tour, as it were.

Thanks again Dennis!
9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
Post edited by Frank Z on

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited June 2007
    Thanks to your family for welcoming us into your home. I hope that Daniel got a good idea of what a nice step-up trumpet can sound like and you find the search for the right one to be as much fun as I have showing kids what good quality horns can do for their playing pleasure.

Great family, beautiful home, cold beer and warm welcome. You can't ask for much more than that. Oh yeah, guys..............Frank and Debbie's HT room is truly to die for, so tastefully done with just the right amount of personal touches.

Another ClubPolk visit with good people..............
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited June 2007
    Speaking of visiting.....

I'll be in Oklahoma in about two weeks. Hope you don't mind a visitor yourself, Dennis :)

Always seems to be good when Polkies get together.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    Another good polkie story!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2007
    Mad Props? Does that mean 'Thanks to'? Is this Frank or P Diddy?

Cool story Frank.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited June 2007
    Yesh!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited June 2007
    okiepolkie wrote: »
    Speaking of visiting.....

I'll be in Oklahoma in about two weeks. Hope you don't mind a visitor yourself.

Zach,

Give me a call when you are in the area, and we'll get together, I really need to pick your brain on front projection vendors. We are getting a ton of requests for installs in churches in the area and I need to find some better sources for pricing.

DG
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited June 2007
    Will do.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited June 2007
    Let's all sing "We're Family" :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts