What Did You Get For Father's Day?

hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
I received a huge hammock and special pillow for it from L. L. Bean. We are going to place it between two poles out back in the shade.

BTW the pillow is monogramed with, "Big Joe's."

This was a very well thought out gift by my wife.:D
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited June 2007
    I asked for a 3 dvd set on coaching soccer, but I have a feeling were paying for a refrigerator repairman instead.

My wife is great cook, I'm sure I'll be well fed and cared for today.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited June 2007
    Wii's Heatseeker. Damn hard to control with the wiimote and nunchuk. Need to practice...
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited June 2007
    The girls and I were garage saling last weekend, and when we came upon a garage sale with this Yamaha dirt bike for sale, my kids said "Dad, you need a dirt bike for the farm". That was all it took :cool: It's a 2003 Yamaha TTR-225. Needs a little fixing on a few things, but overall in good condition and pretty well taken care of. It's the dirt bike for us people with short legs :D
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    Happy Father's day is what I got the last 3 years, and is what I will get this year.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited June 2007
    Well I didn't get anything for fathers day(thank god, no kids that I know of).

But I did get my Dad a set of Husky PRO screwdrivers from Home Depot for his toolbag......I'm tired of him stealing mine outta my toolbox cause his are so beat up and then when I go to use them they are missing. :D
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited June 2007
    I got a 12 pack and I'm cooking 1 of my favorite Sunday dish's... Baked Ziti with a pork sauce that will simmer over the next 4 hours.
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited June 2007
    I got some dress shirts and a tie and one of my favourite movie RONIN. I actually called my son Ronan and got the idea from that movie
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • tom t
    tom t Posts: 543
    edited June 2007
    the kids took me out for breakfest and they are going to take me out to dinner tonight. the wife, she works tonight, well see tomorrow
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited June 2007
    About two more weeks before I'll be a father, and that's all I want. No gifts yet, but in a few weeks I'm sure there will be plenty "gifts" (dirty diapers, yeah).
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited June 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    About two more weeks before I'll be a father, and that's all I want. No gifts yet, but in a few weeks I'm sure there will be plenty "gifts" (dirty diapers, yeah).

Good luck....I don't even have kids but seeing the yellow mustard my niece and nephew left behind for monthes was enough. Enjoy!
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited June 2007
    I got to spend the day with my son! Father's Day is always special with him as we brought him home from the hospital 10 years ago on Father's Day. From my stepson and his mom I got The Police - Message In A Box. Although they're in Wisconsin for the week, I listened to it this morning and thought about them. :)
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    My older son is taking my wife, my little guy, and myself to dinner around 5:30.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2007
    I'm getting a Greek dinner. A homemader.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited June 2007
    Three kids! I couldn't want for anything else.

(except some audio gear:D )
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Three kids! I couldn't want for anything else.

(except some audio gear:D )

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA you mean you couldn't handle anything else!!!

I have sons, thank God. God knew that if I had daughters I would be in jail for assault when they started puberty that is why he gave me sons. A friend of mine has two absolutely beautiful daughters who blossomed early. . . he went prematurely bald and had a small nervous breakdown when the horney little 13 year old boys started knocking on his door every night!!!
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    2 t shirts and a DVD.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    Treaded my dad to a nice steak dinner.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited June 2007
    BTW the pillow is monogramed with, "Big Joe's."
    This was a very well thought out gift by my wife.:D

By "monogrammed", you don't mean this do you Joe:

Joes coin.jpg

(as posted in another thread)
    ;)

Yesterday, I was treated to an Outback (EDIT: make that Longhorn) 22-ounce porterhouse, 25 ounce Sam Adams, baked potato and Fritz's Turtle afterward.

Today, had a Sunday brunch at the daughter and SIL's, with a Bubba-gram and Jimi Hendrix CD. Force fed grapes by the grandson while waiting for breakfast (a ploy he used to steal my watch .... again !).

All in all pretty darn nice. :D
    Sal Palooza
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited June 2007
    Deb and the kids took me to a rock buggie race, saw alot of this....
    68atto1.jpg

I recieved a new camera (Canaon PowerShot S3 IS) and the stargate SG-1 Season 8 Box set.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited June 2007
    I took my dad and brother (who's also a dad) golfing. I am not very good, my brother has never played before... so it was an interesting day to say the least.

Fun times though. Happy father's day to all you dads out there.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited June 2007
    I got a call from dad saying that grandfather died today (of all the days). If you have a grandparent out there, make sure you let them know that they're special.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited June 2007
    Sorry for your loss.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    aaharvel wrote: »
    I got a call from dad saying that grandfather died today (of all the days). If you have a grandparent out there, make sure you let them know that they're special.

Sorry to hear about your grandpop! I think today is a fine day to pass on, he will always be remembered fondly on this happy day.
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    Just got back from dinner, besides a full belly of some fine Italian food, my older son gave me, the new Maroon 5 CD, Talking Heads "Remain in Light" RTI 180 gram pressing, Green Day "American Idiot" double LP set, and another copy of The Shins "Wincing the Night Away" LP!

This was a fine day and I hope all you pops and grandpops had a great day. . . my prayers go up for aaharvel and his family.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    aaharvel wrote: »

Sorry about your loss.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited June 2007
    have an ipod nano on the way for dad, but its a fathers day/birthday combo since his birthday is next week.

And of course a phone call!
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited June 2007
    I got lunch out at a great Vietnamese restaurant!
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited June 2007
    Calls from the girls wishing me Happy father's day...It is all that is necessary.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited June 2007
    I got to spend all day with my wife and kids and we went sailing. The first time all 4 of us have done that. We then went to my parents house and had dinner with both my bothers, sister, sister in law, 2 nieces and grandmother. Very nice get together and my parents love having us all together.

A buddy and I surprised our fathers today with a weekend get away, next weekend, for the 4 of us at my buddies house on the Wye River. Saturday we are going to take a boat over to St. Michaels for a day of boat building and dinner in town. I hope the weather cooperates.

I had a very nice Father's Day. I hope everyone else had great day.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D